05-16-2008

Okemos, MI

12 Signins

158 Page Views

• Views: 158
  • Message 1 of 7

Website Problems

2008-05-16, 17:43 PM
I've been having major issues with the website today - all in hopes of filing my complaint about shipping.  My website problems are:

1)  Cannot log in to My Account.  Even after resetting password.
2)  Cannot find anyway to email or do an online chat to resolve log in issue.
3)  Finally call a phone number, get a rep who I can barely understand, she checks and the people who reset passwords cannot do anything at the moment because their system is being upgraded.
4)  I assume my My Account log in issue is because the system is being upgraded - the website should have a notice about this.
5)  I finally find a web form to file my complaints, after I fill out everything, I click Submit and get a page not found error with links on it to report the broken link.
6)  The links to report the broken link don't work either and keep bringing me back to the broken link page.

My issue with shipping is:
Lenovo requires a signature for delivery via UPS.  I understand why Lenovo does this, but they should disclose this to the customer at the time of ordering, so the customer can make needed arrangements to have someone available to sign for the package.  Because they did not do this I now need to drive about 30 miles to pick up my packages this time, and also the next time when the rest of my order comes.  It would be nice to receive a shipping discount to offset the cost of gas that I need to complete the delivery for Lenovo.  Lenovo really should offer an option for the customer to assume liability and not require a signature on delivery, since most people work all day and are not home for delivery.

I'm beginning to regret my purchase from Lenovo.

Rich W.
Options

1214 Posts

11-20-2007

Iowa, USA

1820 Signins

37095 Page Views

• Views: 37095
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Website Problems

2008-05-16, 21:55 PM
Why didn't you have it sent to your work? Would be someone there to sign for it?
Almost all high dollar shipments require a signature. I know I want mine to. I don't want a $1000.00 box sitting on my porch until I get home. It would probably grow leg before I got there.
I wouldn't hold your breath on the gas refund.

Registered Linux User #160145

FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo
Options

8 Posts

05-16-2008

Okemos, MI

12 Signins

158 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2008-05-16, 22:18 PM
1)  I didn't know that it would require a signature so I wasn't aware that alternate shipping address would be needed for delivery.
2)  I've tried having things delivered to work before - it took me 1/2 a day to track down where my package went last time.  I'd feel safer having it in my breezeway over having it be lost at work.

I'm not holding my breath on a refund, because I've learned that companies don't care about their customers anymore.

Rich
Options

1214 Posts

11-20-2007

Iowa, USA

1820 Signins

37095 Page Views

• Views: 37095
  • Message 4 of 7

2008-05-17, 13:27 PM

wrote:
1)  I didn't know that it would require a signature so I wasn't aware that alternate shipping address would be needed for delivery.
2)  I've tried having things delivered to work before - it took me 1/2 a day to track down where my package went last time.  I'd feel safer having it in my breezeway over having it be lost at work.

I'm not holding my breath on a refund, because I've learned that companies don't care about their customers anymore.

Rich

1) Haven't you ever had an expensive item delivered before? A signature is standard practice for high dollar items. It's not their fault you didn't know. They don't know your schedule.
2) You are one of the very few who would want it dropped off like that. I believe the delivery companies all have a waiver you can sign to waive the signature.

It's not that they don't care but it is not their fault that you don't know how shipping works, and you didn't make the proper arrangements to receive the shipment.

Registered Linux User #160145

FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo
Options

8 Posts

05-16-2008

Okemos, MI

12 Signins

158 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2008-05-17, 20:32 PM
1)  Yes I've had expensive items delivered before - including a lot of computer equipment just recently - that did not require a signature.  Lenovo is the one shipping the item, they should inform me of how they ship it, that way they wouldn't need to know my schedule, as I could arrange it around their shipping requirements.

2)  The way Lenovo ships the packages there is no waiver available to sign.

How can it not be their fault that I didn't know their requirements for shipping, if they don't tell me - how am I supposed to know?  All I really ask is that I'm the customer and paying for shipping, I should get to choose how I want it delivered, not them.

Rich
Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

US

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 6 of 7

2008-05-19, 2:38 AM
Rich,

Sorry to hear that the site has been down and that you've had trouble receiving your packages.  Information on the delivery options & dependencies are available on the shopping help page under Delivery Options.

The UPS requirement of signature required is specified, but I will check to ensure this is clearly mentioned in the Terms and conditions of the shopping check out flow, and even if it is, we should take a look to see how we could make this more clear.   Thanks for pointing this out.

Lenovo does not re-imburse for gas, but why don't you PM me your order number (2Cxxxx) and I'll see if there is something which could be done to improve your feelings about the matter?

I'm sure you appreciate the need for a signature - while you may live in a safe, single family dwelling, a number of our customers live in condos, apartments, or in other high traffic, high visibility environments in which a package can disappear after delivery.  Without a signature, and no package, both the customer and Lenovo would find themselves in a tough situation.

On one side, the customer would be out the money on the credit card with no computer to show for it.  On the other hand, Lenovo would be out a computer if the customer disputes with the CC company and they were to issue a charge back.  It would just be unpleasant and unfortunate all the way around.  So, UPS requires a signature.  

Mark

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 05-18-2008 07:39 PM

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 05-18-2008 07:40 PM
Options

8 Posts

05-16-2008

Okemos, MI

12 Signins

158 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2008-05-19, 2:54 AM
Thank you for your reply Mark, that is always a good sign for me when a company takes the time to respond to issues, so often companies completely ignore the customers.

I completely understand the signature issue, I just get frustrated when I don't have options how things work.  Thank you for looking into adding a simple reminder on the checkout process.  Since I now know that a signature is requried, when the rest of my order is shipped, I can work with UPS ahead of time to make the needed arrangements that fit best with my schedule.

Rich
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete