Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

05-28-2015

philippines

5 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 1 of 7

What does Lenovo Warranty cover up?

2015-05-28, 13:22 PM

Here is my question and story:

I bought a lenovo phone A316i, almost a year now, did not expect lots of defect will happen.

Around 8months of use, the charger of lenovo charges slower and when in charge mode, if i bump the wire the charging cuts off, need to adjust the wire everytime when i charge.

Around 9 months, the battery started to breakdown. Usually it takes 2hours to drain the battery with wifi on and play game, it takes around 30minutes now and the battery is drained. Worst is the phone shuts off automatically if the battery is around 20% to 50%.

Around 11months of use, suddenly the power button broked. It takes a lot of press to turn on screen mode or turn on the phone. So i had no choice and i brought it to service center of lenovo, they fix it the first time, but when i got home, it gotten worst, nothing happens if i click the power button. 2nd time i brought it to the service center, same thing happened. Now the power button is still unclickable.

So that makes it 3parts defective.

I want to ask what does the warranty cover up? I thought if you say warranty, all parts and did not expect to have a lot of defect. And the warranty of lenovo site does not load...

I went back to where i bought the phone, the girl told me to go to the service center , CityLight, which is a few walk away.

After i went there, i asked the guy if the charger can be replaced, he told me to buy a new one. Then i asked about the battery, he said the battery warranty is only 6months and told me to buy a new one. He told me to comeback for the battery cause it is by order on lenovo, and it costs 20% of the phone i bought. Then i asked if there is a less expensive one, he then gave me lower class battery, cost 10% of the phone.

Then power button they fixed it, not completely fixed, ive asked the technician if did he checked it then he answered: it is dirty inside and i cleaned it. Ive asked is there no replacement cause it is still in warranty? He said if still broke, he will replace it but does not know how much the parts will cost. Meaning the service is free but part replacement need to be paid?  when i got home it gotten worst, from hard to click became unclickable. Nothing happens after i hold the power button. 2nd time i returned, same thing happen, now the power button is broken. The guy on the counter said if it still broken, the next you came back, might need replacement, i did not ask how much it will cost.

My question is, warranty is free service and replacement need to be paid? Also the battery is 6months warranty, and charger = no warranty? Sorry to ask cause before i got the phone i did not ask which warranty does it cover up and didnt expect things like these happens.

Pls response.

From philippines by the way, and here is my receipt:

http://i.imgur.com/17RtFZq.jpg

Options

10448 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32832 Signins

1220225 Page Views

• Views: 1220225
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: What does Lenovo Warranty cover up?

2015-05-28, 17:01 PM

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

12 Posts

05-28-2015

philippines

5 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 3 of 7

why delete my complain post?

2015-05-31, 1:45 AM

I have concern regarding warranty of my phone a316i, which the power button broke, charger and battery. 

Does the warranty cover this up? Why my old post disappeared? Lenovo warranty a scam? They asking me to pay for everything, and im still on the warranty date.

From phillipines. City light service center

Pls do not delete, just give me an honest answer.

Options

6373 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

28898 Signins

1654963 Page Views

• Views: 1654963
  • Message 4 of 7

Re: why delete my complain post?

2015-05-31, 18:04 PM

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

6373 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

28898 Signins

1654963 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2015-05-31, 18:21 PM

Moderator comments:

Post merged in.

Please don't post the same message(s) in multiple places as it splinters the discussion. Duplicate(s) removed.

Bumping more frequently than 3 days unfairly pushes other members' threads downwards. Bumping post(s) removed.

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

Options

6373 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

28898 Signins

1654963 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2015-05-31, 18:04 PM

Options

6373 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

28898 Signins

1654963 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2015-06-01, 13:17 PM

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms