cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carled
Fanfold Paper
Views: 200
Message 1 of 4

What is the actual contract for warranty that Lenovo provide for consumer laptops?

Just so I know for possible legal action, I'd be interested to know what they actual guarantee.  It's very hard to find anything written down - all I have is an online chat representative saying, "we aim to complete all repairs with 10 business days of receiving the laptop at the repair centre".  That's too vague and woolly to be a contractual term, so I'm wondering what the situation is (UK & Europe specifically).

My laptop documents say something like "one year limited depot carry in or service centre".  Is there anything where they commit to the length of time for repairs does anyone know?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 148
Message 2 of 4

Re: What is the actual contract for warranty that Lenovo provide for consumer laptops?

I doubt that they will commit to any time frame for repairing a system unless the exact cause is known and they have parts in hand.  Lenovo does offer different levels of support, but the basic warranty without any upgrade is sort of hit or miss.  

Cheers,

carled
Fanfold Paper
Views: 142
Message 3 of 4

Re: What is the actual contract for warranty that Lenovo provide for consumer laptops?

So, in theory at least, they could keep hold of the laptop for months and claim they were still fulfilling the warranty?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 125
Message 4 of 4

Technically yes, and from reading these forums, that does seem to happen some times when they do not have the parts in stock and need to them shipped in, but my experiences with their support (here in the USA anyway) have been very good.

Part of the problem I think is that as make laptops thinner and and lighter, they integrate/solder practically everything on the system board, so if one part goes bad these days, the whole system/motherboard has to be replaced, and and typically there are several variances of those depending on options.   

Good Luck

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors