Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-26-2014

New York

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 16

Worst Customer Service I Have Ever Experienced

2014-02-26, 2:17 AM

Dear Lenovo Community & Administrators,

Over the last two months, I have had THE worst customer service experience of my life. My story will tell you why you should think not twice, but three times before purchasing a Lenovo product:

On 1/14/14, I have purchased a Thinkpad X1 Carbon, loved the laptop. However the case had a manufacturing defect (it was not intact and hinges made a clicking sound) so I have decided to replace it with a new one. I called the customer support, and they connected me to ThinkPad repair service. I told them I was not looking for a repair, since the laptop is 2 days old, and after some telephone trafficing for about two hours, I managed to set up a replacement. My replacement arrived 7 days after I returned the defected laptop. Unfortunately, this one also was defective (adaptive keyboard had white stripes and bubbles on it, did not work properly) so I decided that this production line was not good and I should return this laptop for a full refund. I contacted the sales team again, after hours spent on hold, I was able to set up a return. I was told that since this laptop was a replacement, It would take 10-15 days to refund it. I sent the laptop back to lenovo via UPS, with the label that they provided me and it arrived to Lenovo on 2/04/14, and this was confirmed by them. Today is 2/25/14, 21 days have passed but no refund, not even a single call or an email to keep me updated. I have contacted several Lenovo representatives after the 15 days period of time and each one gave me different and vague answers. One of them told me that I will be able to see the money in my account in a week, and another one told me 10 days. Today I called Lenovo once again, and spoke with a very helpful representative named Brianna. She explained me the situation and told me that altough they received the laptop on the 4th of February, it was processed on the 18th, and it was A WRONG PROCESS! Because a lousy employee at Lenovo set up the information incorrectly. So she started the process over again, and told me to wait until March 11th, which is still not a set date for the refund. I am furious.

I am a college student and I need that money to purchase another laptop, which is crucially important for my school work. You really should hire more capable staff, at least capable of doing basic customer service. And maybe after then, you can realize why Apple dominates the sector with relatively higher price range. I have been using Apple products my entire life and never had a fraction of a customer service issue.

As I mentioned before, think twice before purchasing from Lenovo. They sure provide an excellent and rapid customer service when it comes to taking your money, but...

Original Order Number: 4243442736

Replacement Order Number: 4220484755

Regards,

Ediz Aydogdu

NY - USA

Moderator comment: Remark(s) contravening the Community Rules removed - profanity/implied profanity & campaigning. Keep it clean and within the Guidelines. Also, Do Not create alternate login IDs to reply to your own threads. A repeat will result in suspension of forum privileges. Fair, and only, warning.

Options

1363 Posts

08-03-2011

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

11970 Signins

305239 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 305239
  • Message 2 of 16

Re: Worst Customer Service I Have Ever Experienced

2014-02-26, 2:38 AM
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. Did you find a post helpful? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up! Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Views: 7583
  • Message 3 of 16

2014-02-26, 3:34 AM

Like a lot of customer service, it does often depend on which rep handles your case. For example, I had a really good recent experience with Lenovo customer service. My Yoga 13 had a problem they couldn't fix so they replaced it with a brand new, upgraded Yoga 2 Pro at no cost to me.

Lenovo's website says that after processing, you should get your credit within 7-10 business days. If they processed yours on the 18th, they should get you your credit by the 4th or 5th of March. If they don't get it to you until the 11th because of their data-entry error, they will miss their promise by about a week. That's not great if you are in a cashflow crunch I know. Please do report back and let us know which day the credit arrives in your account.

Options

9380 Posts

11-27-2007

Slovakia

15518 Signins

2040239 Page Views

• Views: 2040239
  • Message 4 of 16

2014-06-03, 18:00 PM

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Options

2 Posts

07-22-2014

Turkey

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 5 of 16

2014-07-22, 12:39 PM

I believe this is a global issue because Lenovo Turkey is by far the worst customer service I have ever seen.

My 5 days old laptop had a hard disk malfunction, which is understandable, but the customer service mislead me in every possible step of the repair procedure. My 5 days old Laptop is at the service for 10 days. I can only get an information when I call them and 50% of their directives are wrong.

I hope I can get my defective laptop back, I arranged the refund with my retailer. I will never touch a lenovo product ever again, I already got my new laptop.

To be clear: I refuse to use Lenovo proucts not becase I was unlucky to get a defective one but because of the horrible customer service.

Kerim Umur 

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 6 of 16

2014-07-22, 17:15 PM

kumur,

Very sorry to hear that you were affected by delays in service part availability. 

I can certainly understand your desire to pursue a replacement or refund in this case.   Sorry to hear things turned out this way for you.

Best regards,

Mark

Options

2 Posts

07-22-2014

Turkey

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 7 of 16

2014-07-22, 19:23 PM

Mr. Hopkins.

I sincerely wished that the cause of my delay to be parts availibility, bacause then I would simply be an impatient customer. However the only reason for my delays is personal errors on Lenovo's side. This is why I'm so upset.

I wrote this to customer relations in Turkey and US, unfortunately you are the single person who cared to write this simple reply, even if you are on the other side world :)

Thank you for your understanding and care.

Best regards,

Kerim

Options

1 Posts

04-10-2015

DC

2 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 8 of 16

2015-04-10, 0:25 AM

You made the right decision. My Carbon X1 had the following problems within 18 months: motherboard failure and fan error -- two separate breakeges within warranty period and the whole ordeal of dealing with customer support for hours. Battery error: battery won't charge at all, and the laptop is out of warranty.  

Options

1 Posts

03-04-2016

Centreville, VA

3 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 9 of 16

2016-03-04, 3:57 AM

I bought my Thinpad notebook 5 months back. After 5 months it didn't even started. I spent 1000$ on this product.

I called customer support and they asked me to ship the laptop.

1) After they received the laptop they said there is a problem with the battery, currently it is out of stock and it should be available on Mar-9-2016. This is really rediculous, lenovo doesn't even keep batteries in stock. I told on the same day that i need full refund of my laptop, then they said it is not in our hands it is in Customer Relations Manager hand. they said they escalated to CRM(Customer Relations Manager). This was reported on Feb-22-2016 by Customer rep to CRM on 2/22/2016 and they said they e-mailed also. It will take 3 business days to get a call from CRM to me about this subject. No call after 4 business days also. I clearly mentioned don't do any repair with my laptop.

2) I called after 4 business days then a lady customer rep(Jen) lifted my phone call after 30 minutes i explained to her what was happend, she put me on hold for 5-10 minutes and she mentioned, sorry sir you escalation didn't go through properly, we have to again escalate this issue with CRM. This process will take 3 business days. She said i just escalated as high and red flag and sent an e-mail all the stories she mentioned. Out of the blue she mentioned, sir we have repaired your laptop. the problem is with your mother board. We replaced complete mother board and we shipped just now. I asked what a coincidense.

3) I called after 2 days(2/26/2016) to Lenovo cust.rep(Jake) and he said sir it seems problem is with the one of the part that was not working on mother board, so they replaced that small part of mother board. I asked what happend with escalation to CRM, and he put me on hold again for 5-10 minutes, after 10 minutes sorry sir, it was cancelled it seems. Let me open with high priority red flag escaltion that definitely resolve your your problem and you will get your refund back. You need to wait for 3 business days. OK....Waiting....

4) Today again i called customer service(Her name is Emma) to check the status of my refund with CRM. She said sorry sir, it seems ticket was not properly escalated, let me help you out to open a new one....Again same story as above . Neither Customer service rep will give you accurate info or any CRM will give you a call. This is never ending process.

It just spins around, it never come out of the loop...

Until now i called about 15-20 times, i'm sick of this. I need full refund, what is the best process to get this done quickly.

NEVER EVER TRUST LENOVO CUST.REP OR CRM'S OR THEIR PRODUCTS. They are not worth it...

Please guide me what should i do, in this scenario...

PR

Options

10549 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32855 Signins

1221730 Page Views

• Views: 1221730
  • Message 10 of 16

2016-03-04, 6:20 AM

Hello partha125, welcome to the community,

I'd certainly like to take a look and see what is happening for you, would you like to please send me the following information by private message;

Full Name;
Telephone No.;
email address;
System Type;
System s/n;

Case Numbers;

Thanks in advance

Update;    I was able to find your case in the system and apologise for the delay.  I'd like to assure you that the colleagues had done all they said they had done but for some unknown reason, which is being looked into, it didn't trigger at the other end of the chain.

Again our apologies and I believe a case manager has sent you an email in regard to a proposed resolution.

Regards

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms