Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james416
Fanfold Paper
Views: 526
Message 1 of 5

Worst Customer Support THINKPAD YOGA

Worst customer support ever. I have been transferred over 10 times (I think maybe 12 times now) while trying to resolve a very simple warranty issue. I am not sure if it has been resolved yet or if its working. Will check my warranty status a week later to see if changes are reflected if not, I guess I will have to endure more horrible services until it is resolve. 

Story goes like this

I purchased this machine in the Microsoft Store in Toronto, I find that it is missing like 60-100 days from the warranty. I cannot register the warranty for my device online. I chat with the chat suport on lenovo website which redirected me to call the number on there. Get transfereed 6 times or something, than got told to email my proof of purchase receipt to a email with subject title involving my case. Did that few days later or a week I get a call today...

I get a call this morning got a case number, gets transfer to Atlanta Georgia support told the guy I am frustrated very the terrible customer support gets told to F OFF basically and says they're in the US they can't do anything to get Canadian information and hanged up on me (I think his name was Kenneth? Not sure, I would love to talk with Atlanta supervisor/manager of that support place to report him).

I call 18004267378 I luckily get the same guy which redirects me to the Atlanta support again. I received Frank who was pretty helpful gets transfer to Canada support again, Canada side couldn't help escalates me to a girl name Stephanie during the call midway the phone just hangs up/disconnect/she hangs up/I don't know... Call support again, received Canadian support, he looked at my case number and was helpful spoke with supervisor and gave me another case number.to follow up on(?).

TLDR: Long story short, I purchased this machine from Canada but it was appearantly registered/opened in America by whom I presume to be Microsoft Store to do their "SIGNATURE" install of Windows 8.1 which activated the warranty. I get bull stories from Lenovo Thinkpad support team from Canada and USA side accusing each other they can't fix it because I purchase the machine from America from the Canada side and the American side says they can't fix it because I purchase this machine from Canada side... Constant transfers of calls and escalations brings no hope. Maybe I got lucky and the Canadian support guy said he escalated this to his supervisor. I am not sure what happens, will check my warranty status a week later if it doesn't reflect I'll call again. 

Any mods or someone at the company here can ask for my case number and PM regarding this issue.

This is very tragic event, probably will never ever buy anything from Lenovo anymore. If this was from Apple I probably would've gotten this issue resolved. For those who plan on buying this device from the Microsoft Store, beware they probably open the machine to install their SIGNATURE Windows 8.1 in the US and it triggers the warranty and you're stuck in limbo trying to get justice from Lenovo. 

Thank you for listening to my rant/frustration. 

Sincerely,

James416

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 501
Message 2 of 5

Re: Worst Customer Support THINKPAD YOGA

Welcome to the Lenovo Community James !

Sorry to hear of the run around you got. 

In regards to the warranty date, what happened is when Lenovo sells a shipment of computers to a retailer like Microsoft, Best Buy, Tiger Direct, etc, the warranty date starts on the date of the sale.  In order to compensate for the product sitting in the retailer's warehouse or on the shelf, Lenovo will generally add an additional month to the warranty period so a 12 month warranty is now 13.  In your situation the product sat longer than expected so in these cases Lenovo Support will adjust the warranty period from the date of your purchase once they receive a copy of your receipt.  Hopefully the supervisor will be able to straighten out the matter for you. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

james416
Fanfold Paper
Views: 496
Message 3 of 5

Hey Majestic,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes, I am hoping they can adjust the dates instead of giving me the run arounds. I understand it is probably protocol to verify the authenticity of the claims by emailing them a receipt (which I did). I just don't understand why they can't seem to fix what appears to be a simple issue with proof of purchase of the machine already given. 

I don't get why Microsoft and OEM don't work together to clarify these type of warranty issues so users like me don't have to go through this... 

Just doesn't seem fair to me or other people since these factors are out of out control. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 486
Message 4 of 5

I'd have to agree things could be made a little simplier.  In your case the problem is compounded by the apparent shuffle of the product between the borders. 

A better solution in the case of a retail sales would be to mark the outside of the box with the warranty start date and include a warranty adjustment card inside.  Then provide instructions for the customer that if the purchase was made 30 days after the marked warranty date to mail in the card along with proof of purchase for a warranty adjustment.  At least in my opinion. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

james416
Fanfold Paper
Views: 427
Message 5 of 5

I am happy to report that they have resolved my issue. I would like to note that it is pretty ridiculous that a user has to go through so many pointless step to get his dispute resolved by customer support... Very disappointed in the level of service and support. Glad they fixed it though. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors