Santa Monica

3 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 21 of 27

Re: Horrible experience trying to get my order

2009-10-22, 19:46 PM

:smileyhappy:

Okay so I ended up GETTING the laptop yesterday and then Lenovo sent an email saying they would refund the shipping.

It is sad that they are lame at managing shipping and customer support.
There is no excuse for sending out invalid email addresses.

There is no excuse for sending out phone numbers that land you on hold for an eternity.

IF voicemail had a response:
For problems with order status push 2:
and then they had a recording saying:
"We apologise for status on orders not appearing to be updated, we are aware of this and we are addressing this.. Please check your tracking numder again in 24 - 48  hours."

I would have been happy with that - I would not have wasted more of my time plus the time of the 2 customer service reps who were useless - yet being paid to tell me exactly the same thing.

Good Customer service is not nearly as expensive as bad customer service and if I buy equipment from a company with poor order fullfillment followed by poor response to order inquiries I leap headlong into an expectation of the rest of the support offered being equally lame and then make an assumption that the company will most likely not be around for long.

Options

38 Posts

10-19-2009

Canada

104 Signins

557 Page Views

• Views: 557
  • Message 22 of 27

2009-10-23, 21:24 PM

I am glad that other people are as frustrated as I am and at the same time I am baffled at how a company can be so notoriously useless when it comes to customer service and not be in the process of making radical changes. I posted in another fpart of the forum about how I can't tell if I should just cancel my order and go elsewhere and feel like my business is appreciated or stick it out because I know the end product is amazing. For me, the projected shipping date was already extended past the orginal time frame and I don't have a lot of faith that it will be changing any time soon. I can't check up on it because I am a Canadian and have been told they don't support order tracking on the canadian site. And to me, the worst of it is that I ordered a computer two days before windows 7 thinking nothing of it because of the upgrade program only to find out that my "free" upgrade is going to be a ridiculous 30USD and that it is impossible to include the disc in the box of my yet to be shipped computer. It doesn't make any sense. I am already not going to be able to enjoy the "enhanced experience," but at this point I don't even know if I am going to be enjoying a laptop. HP has always provided me with exceptional customer service from their live chat to their quick, helpful email replies. I have had good luck with Dell as well. I am worried that if I stick with lenovo I am going to be equally mired in unhelpfulness when I start to get my product up and running with drivers etc. At least the forum gave me a chance to vent. Thank you.

Options

38 Posts

10-19-2009

Canada

104 Signins

557 Page Views

• Views: 557
  • Message 23 of 27

2009-10-26, 20:26 PM

I would just like to add a footnote to my previous rant. I received a message that my laptop shipped today.

So, despite the ship dates I was given continually moving into the distance, it actually shipped within

the initial estimated time frame.

I must admit, I am still very frustrated about the windows 7 shipping costs, but I got unfairly worked

up over what turned out to be meaningless bureaucratic projections. So I can no longer claim to

be a truly disgruntled customer. Yay!

Options

1 Posts

10-28-2009

Denton, Texas

1 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 24 of 27

2009-10-28, 22:22 PM

Add me to the list (new person, here).

I've been waiting since October 12th, when I placed the order. The order kept bumping up. After October 22nd it became October 28th, and then November 3rd. It's been escalated, apparently, but if it's a problem, surely they should say that the parts are out of stock first. Why take orders? Is this like Jack-in-the-Box where they don't make it until you order it? If so, hey, just tell me. I'd rather know the truth than be kept waiting. I'd rather them say, "the lead time on this product is 6-8 weeks" than "we'll ship it within 10 days."

Sadly, after checking all of the websites (in hindsight) I realized that this shipping problem has been going on for years and years.

I'm praying the computer works, though. I don't mind waiting - I just don't like being told "it's coming" and I don't even have a tracking number.

Options

5 Posts

10-16-2009

Toronto

7 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 25 of 27

2009-11-02, 18:13 PM

So I finally received my order. But the saga is not over. During the whole debacle, after Lenovo realized that they madea mistake processing my order they offered me a $50 credit. It wasn't much, but it was something. After I had received the laptop, my credit card was charged for the order but nothing was refunded.

When I called them today they informed me that there is no record of the credit and possibly the paperwork got lost. I said that was unacceptable, and when I tried to speak to a manager, once again he was in a meeting. I'm starting to get the feeling that this is an ongoing never ending meeting that he's in... Left a message, odds are he won't call back. I'm starting to regret not cancelling my order when I had the chance, this seems to be never ending.

Options

382 Posts

02-13-2009

US

228 Signins

4335 Page Views

• Views: 4335
  • Message 26 of 27

Re: Worst customer experience

2009-11-04, 0:04 AM

I ordered a L222 monitor almost a month ago and it still hasn't shipped.  The estimated ship date has been pushed back two times now, always at the last moment.  I have been a long time supporter of Lenovo and have recommended their products to several of my friends as well as buisness associates.  However, my current T500 may be the last product I ever purchase from them if they don't get their ordering process together.  In this day and age it is totally unacceptable.  Taking 3 days to respond to emails is unacceptable,  Taking 30 days to ship a monitor that says it has a 7 day lead time on your website is unacceptable.  If this isn't sorted out I am cancelling this order and taking my buisness elsewhere.

Thinkpad T500-2081 CTO | T9400 2.53GHz | 8 GB RAM | ATI HD3650 + Intel GM45 | 15.4" LED WXGA+ | Windows 10 | ATI Catalyst 13.1 (non-switchable)
Thinkpad 390x | PII 333 | 256mb ram | NeoMagic 256AV | SVGA LCD | OS/2 v4.52
Options

382 Posts

02-13-2009

US

228 Signins

4335 Page Views

• Views: 4335
  • Message 27 of 27

2009-11-04, 1:14 AM

Don't worry..  any US user can tell you that the order tracking system doesn't provide any useful information anyway.

wrote:

I am glad that other people are as frustrated as I am and at the same time I am baffled at how a company can be so notoriously useless when it comes to customer service and not be in the process of making radical changes. I posted in another fpart of the forum about how I can't tell if I should just cancel my order and go elsewhere and feel like my business is appreciated or stick it out because I know the end product is amazing. For me, the projected shipping date was already extended past the orginal time frame and I don't have a lot of faith that it will be changing any time soon. I can't check up on it because I am a Canadian and have been told they don't support order tracking on the canadian site. And to me, the worst of it is that I ordered a computer two days before windows 7 thinking nothing of it because of the upgrade program only to find out that my "free" upgrade is going to be a ridiculous 30USD and that it is impossible to include the disc in the box of my yet to be shipped computer. It doesn't make any sense. I am already not going to be able to enjoy the "enhanced experience," but at this point I don't even know if I am going to be enjoying a laptop. HP has always provided me with exceptional customer service from their live chat to their quick, helpful email replies. I have had good luck with Dell as well. I am worried that if I stick with lenovo I am going to be equally mired in unhelpfulness when I start to get my product up and running with drivers etc. At least the forum gave me a chance to vent. Thank you.

Thinkpad T500-2081 CTO | T9400 2.53GHz | 8 GB RAM | ATI HD3650 + Intel GM45 | 15.4" LED WXGA+ | Windows 10 | ATI Catalyst 13.1 (non-switchable)
Thinkpad 390x | PII 333 | 256mb ram | NeoMagic 256AV | SVGA LCD | OS/2 v4.52
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete