Options

18 Posts

12-31-2013

United States

12 Signins

111 Page Views

• Views: 111
  • Message 11 of 16

Re: Worst experience ever...I can't even.

2014-01-10, 0:20 AM

Today I called Lenovo to check on the status of my order. They said the new device SHOULD be here on Monday...we'll see. During this time I asked to speak with a supervisor, and mentioned that I found it bizarre that Lenovo would not send the device IMMEDIATELY, as in, overnight.

I was told they DO in fact ship overnight, but only if a case has been escalated.

Well, that's funny- for one, you would think over 5 hours of being on the phone with Lenovo would constitute my case being "escalated". And for two, I was told more than once that my case HAD been escalated. 

Whatever. I was also given an email by the supervisor who was thankfully very helpful. So far, the people who I have spoken to who are actually in the US have been adequate- stellar, when compared with their out-of-country counterparts in technical support...

Anyway, the email was for an operations manager, apparently. It was xxxxx , in case anyone wants it.

I sent an email regarding this egregious experience. No reply yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed, as I only sent it this morning.

EDIT
Oh, oops, apparently we can't post "private" information of a Lenovo employee's Lenovo business email whose job it is to supposedly resolve customer service issues. Sorry, y'all.

Moderator comment: Private information of Lenovo employee(s) removed. Community Rules.

Options

18 Posts

12-31-2013

United States

12 Signins

111 Page Views

• Message 12 of 16

2014-01-10, 19:31 PM
I feel for you. That was the biggest worry for me when they said I could send the computer in and they could replace the wifi card- I've seen so many posts on this forum of people receiving their devices back in worse condition than they sent it in!!
I wish you the best. With this sort of "service" I'm surprised Lenovo is still doing so well...although I guess people like me are to blame, who only researched the COMPUTER, as opposed to the actual company, before purchasing.
Options

1 Posts

02-05-2014

Albuquerque

2 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 13 of 16

2014-02-05, 1:21 AM

Have you ever thought it is windows 8 Windows 8 is the crappiest thing ever. have a much older Lenovo Laptop and it is doing fine it was Good-Ol' windows 7 and also did u ever think about if ur Lenovo has build-in WIFI that is most likely the problem Lenovo is nothing like Mac or Acer u have to make sure it comes with Build-in WIFI

Options

18 Posts

12-31-2013

United States

12 Signins

111 Page Views

• Message 14 of 16

2014-02-05, 1:50 AM

No, because Windows 8 has nothing whatsoever to do with the treatment I received from Lenovo. Also perhaps I don't understand what built-in wifi is, but I'm quite sure it does have built-in wifi, obviously, because it can connect to wifi and comes with a wireless card inside the computer.

Regardless, it doesn't matter if Lenovo was the cause of the wireless problem or not- the biggest issue is the services they offered and the way they handled the situation. It was unacceptable. And honestly, if for example it was an issue of the computer not having 'built in wifi', the tech support should have been able to answer that immediately. So I doubt it.

Options

6 Posts

02-19-2014

USA

14 Signins

308 Page Views

• Views: 308
  • Message 15 of 16

2014-02-20, 15:04 PM
Hey, mesa. I could truly understand what you had to go through. When I bought the y510p Ideapad, I resd tye reviews about the built in wifi card being horrendous so I decided to buy a cheap usb wifi adapter for $20 bucks until I could afford a better one. After one month of use, now my laptop refuses to load while the power light stays on. Nothing ever works out even if we think we have everything covered..Once mine gets fixed I may consider selling it for another brand.
Options

9380 Posts

11-27-2007

SK

15518 Signins

2040239 Page Views

• Views: 2040239
  • Message 16 of 16

2014-01-03, 3:14 AM

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms