Did you mean: 
Andriano_b
Fanfold Paper
Views: 301
Message 1 of 5

X1 Carbon 4 - warranty isuess with Lenovo

Hello everybody,

Not sure if anybody experienced similar problem but it extremely frustrating

I have reported to official lenovo service in Zagreb (Croatia) that keys "s" and "." have stopped working few days ago and that I have a some kind of stain/spot on my screen which is not on the surface but inside

My laptop was in the service shop for a week and conclusion was that there must have happen some kind of spill over the laptop since there is some oxidation on usb ports (when you open the casing) and since I have never ever spilled anything on it it seem Lenovo is trying to refuse warranty condition making up stories jut to avoid reponsibility

I have seen those pictures and there you can barely see some kind of thin white film only on usb port (which is functioning normaly) but everyhing else is normal and intact

In service shop they were also surprised that Lenovo is not accepting warranty terms especially when taking in consideration that I came there because of screen and the faulty keys which are on the opposite side of keyboard and according to the pictures Lenovo team has seen they are claiming this theory about oxidation on usb which is not even close to any of these keys and everything else around it is intact and usb port ifunctioning normaly

I have hired an official legal expert to check my laptop and to prove that there was no spill (because the damage would be extremely noticable) and he will make an official conclusion about the situation because it seems Lenovo team is not willing to cooperate so I will have to approach some organisations here that protect consumer rigths and I will go for sure with that document to media

I hope you get my frustration since I have payed for this laptop more than 2000 eur (purchased in june 2016, warranty expires somewhere mid 2019)

Also, another anoying thing is that you actually cant contact Lenovo support directly, they are absolutely unreachable which is against the law because by EU regulation every vendor needs to be at your disposal if you have any issues with their products

Really wondering if anybody experienced something similar
cheers

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 242
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon 4 - warranty isuess with Lenovo

I have never seen the machine or any pictures of the machine, so I can only comment in general terms.  A thin white film on ports, some keys not working, and staining inside the screen is exactly what one would expect if water was splashed from the side

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Andriano_b
Fanfold Paper
Views: 233
Message 3 of 5

I am attaching some photos

There on the screen itnot a stain but some kind of mark (very small but noticeable) somewhere in the mid

Photos of the port were sent to me by service shop 

Key "s" is on the left side (mid of the keyboard) of the keyboard and the key "." i on the right side (near bottom) of the keyboard

If anything was spilled on the laptop there would be damage in between or even some traces of it  and everything is intact only that thin film on usb port which is not even near any of these keys

Andriano_b
Fanfold Paper
Views: 231
Message 4 of 5

20180605_082918.jpgDSC_2391.JPG

Andriano_b
Fanfold Paper
Views: 229
Message 5 of 5

Again its very strange that they are advertising this laptop as a durable, spill resistant and although no spill came to the keyboard or has damaged the board they are refusing responsibility because of this oxidation on the usb port which happened who knows how and why

The worst thing is that you cant talk to anybody from Lenovo about the issue and service shop and Lenovo office in Croatia are playing "ping pong" with me instructing me to talk to the other side and all without any concrete information

this support from their side is a laughing matter and also frustrating from the other hand since I cant do my work properly

cheers

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors