08-29-2019

US

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 1 of 3

X1 Carbon Gen 7 DEAD ON ARRIVAL

2019-08-29, 17:13 PM

I paid $1,800 for a brand new custom ordered x1 gen 7 a couple weeks back, and I was so happy when I finally got it in the mail yesterday. that is, until I turned it on and it was DEAD ON ARRIVAL. Are you kidding me?

I am so dissapointed. But to make matters worse, customer support for Lenovo is TERRIBLE, at least as far as i can tell. Yesterday I spent well over an hour and a half on the phone, either on hold or speaking to someone with such broken english that communication was laborious. Finally, the tech support guy told me what I already knew, BEFORE spending an hour and a half on the phone: my laptop is DOA. Great, thanks......

By this point, it was too late to be transferred back to customer service. He gave me a number to call and a case number to reference. I've tried doing so twice now. Both times, I've been met with 30+ minute wait times, eventually leading me to hangup. I DON'T HAVE THAT LONG TO SPEND ON THE PHONE IN THE MIDDLE OF A WORK DAY. 

I post this as a warning to anyone else out there considering an x1 gen 7. Don't do it. Apparently this is not a limited issue. I've read reports and reviews of others receiving DOA x1s, and if it happens to you, Lenovo will do nothing to make things right. I am a life long Lenovo customer NO MORE. 

Options

11127 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39653 Signins

414318 Page Views

• Views: 414318
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon Gen 7 DEAD ON ARRIVAL

2019-08-29, 19:14 PM

Just to confirm, when you turned it on, did you just push the button or did you plug it in?  They might have disconnected the battery via the BIOS before shipping.  It gets automatically reconnected when the unit is plugged in, but untill plugged in, it would appear dead.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Options

8199 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32571 Signins

1203645 Page Views

• Views: 1203645
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon Gen 7 DEAD ON ARRIVAL

2019-08-30, 11:07 AM

Hello and welcome to the Community,

I'm sorry you have not had a great experience; it's clearly not what we expect our customers to have. Using the email you registered in your account I was able to see that a replacement request has been placed on your behalf.

For anyone in a similar situation the advice offered in the following post is still good.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs/Mark-s-Advice-About-DOA-Systems/m-p/55647#M58

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete