Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LucianoBastos
Paper Tape
Views: 412
Message 1 of 1

X1 Carbon ThinkPad type 20A7 - Boot Failure

Hi,

During my visit to US in January and February 2014 I purchased the X1 Carbon 2nd Gen (Type 20A7). I got back to south Brazil where I live, it worked fine until October 2014. Suddenly the X1 Carbon didn't boot anymore and the backlight keyboard keep flickering. I realized it was a known issue and several customers had the motherboard replaced or even the equipment replaced. 

I planned to reach the US customer service in a future visit to the US but I could not travel to the US from that time, so I tryed to reach the Lenovo customer service in Brazil and check with them to pay for the service and parts replacement so I could have my X1 Carbon working again. I called and told the problem, they said it was possible to fix and they would send me a budget proposal in 4 work days.

The customer service took about two weeks to get back to me and surprisingly the budget I received was of U$ 3,650.00 which is the cost of a new X1 Carbon in Brazil ( I paid U$ 2,180.00 in the US for the top version).

I am very upset with Lenovo, I lost all the confidence I had to the brand. My only hope is that a senior executive of US Lenovo headquarter would take this matter and help me get my machine fixed or replaced, even for a reasonable value as I could not use it since October 2014.

I really do not have much hope that this will help, I am sure it would be different if I have had the opoortunity to get back to the US just after the problem arose but it is so sad, I was very happpy to bought a X1 Carbon 2nd gen Ultrabook soon after it was released in Las Vegas that year. 

A sad situation, sorry for the extensive writing but I wanted to make sure you understand the more complex it became.

Luciano Bastos
Porto Alegre, RS - Brazil

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors