cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noUsernameplz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 454
Message 1 of 5

X1 Extreme - unstable unit, How to claim warranty?

I had posted the thread detailing the issues i have been getting and detailing the measures i have taken to solve this problem.

The laptop is quite unstable as it might reboot anytime without any warning or BSOD. I dont think its an overheating or operating system issue. I feel like i have got an defective unit because because most of the crashes are quite random and doesnt seem to be related to my interaction with the computer.

However to make this scenario even worse there is no Lenovo authorized service center near me. I had contacted the contact provided in the IWS manual but they say they are not authorized to give me warranty and might void the warranty if they try to do it themselves. I still have 270days of IWS left but i cannot travel to any other country to claim this warranty right now as i am currently studing and will be absolutely busy for the next 2 years.

Is there anyway Lenovo can arrange a repair service to me?

should i purchase an upgrade to the warranty so that i can deal with this later when i am free to do so?

What should i do?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 349
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Extreme - unstable unit, How to claim warranty?

Hello noUsernameplz, Thanks for reaching out. Since the machine is still in warranty you can reach out to Lenovo Helpdesk use this link https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 to find the helpdesk hotline for your country of residence. Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

noUsernameplz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 336
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for replying,

I did some digging on the lenovo service provider in my country and some how i came across a service provider which was not listed in the contact list. Today i went to them to enquire about my device and let them do basic checkup on my device. After repasting the CPU they said that my motherboard might be defective and needs to be replaced. However they couldnt furthur process my device as they ran through my serial number they couldnt find any mention of internatonal warranty.

image.png

They said i can upgrade my warranty to include IWS From the country of purchase(United States).

How can i purchase IWS services and how do i know if my warranty includes IWS?

Doesn't all ThinkPad product come with included IWS?

noUsernameplz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 325
Message 4 of 5

I found this under upgrade warranty:

image.png

Should I opt for this? will this upgrade enable me to get repair service locally?

Thanks in advance.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 287
Message 5 of 5

Hello,

There is no need to purchase an upgrade for the warranty; if you read that it is for covering extended battery and ADP warranties to international status. You need to look at the IWS site support.lenovo.com/iwslookup; here you will find a list of countries where your system qualifies for internation warranty support.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors