Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PopQuop
What's DOS?
Views: 1,011
Message 1 of 3

X1 Yoga Repair Issue - Two Months in Purgatory

Does anyone here know who I can complain to about my Lenovo repair? I sent a Yoga X1 for repair of a non-responsive touch screen TWO MONTHS ago and they still haven't fixed it. They said it would take only 5 days. They claim to be waiting on parts to arrive but I'm starting to suspect they are trying to wait until my warranty expires next month. What recourse do I have at this point? Better Business Bureau? I loved the machine for about a year but this is absurd. It was my third Lenovo and it will probably be my last.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 934
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga Repair Issue - Two Months in Purgatory

Sometimes parts take longer than expected.  If your warranty expires while it is in service, they still fix it.  You can call service and ask that the case be escalated.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Emmotality
Punch Card
Views: 856
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga Repair Issue - Two Months in Purgatory

A laptop only has a product cycle of one year approximately then it becomes the older gen, rendering it obsolete,  2 months of repair time is unacceptable, not to mention screen is a major component, and most prone to accidentals, thus should be at regular stock!! 

An escalated case does not seem to do anything, if it was no more than a 'hurry up' email sent to the repair center by the CSR. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors