cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCLC28
Paper Tape
Views: 470
Message 1 of 4

Y410P Warranty Repair Started Oct. 2015 - Part STILL on Back Order- Lenovo REFUSES to Finish Repair!

I got a Y410P directly from Lenovo back in March 2014 w/a 3 Year On Site Warranty inc. Accidenal Protection Coverage. In October 2015, the screen was damaged and needed to be replaced.  I made several calls to Lenovo and they sent a repair tech over to my house to replace the screen under warranty.  The tech replaced the screen but was unable to finish the repair as a specific part needed to complete the repair was out of stock and on backorder. I was told that the part should be coming in in a matter of weeks at which point the tech would come back to complete the repair so I could have a functioning machine again.  About 6 months later, I got an email from Lenovo that the part was still on backorder.  That was the last I heard about it...

Over the course of the past 2 years I have spent countless hours on the phone with tech support, sent 40+ emails to Lenovo and have lost years off my life from the stress of this issue.  I called today to find out the status and was told that my computer is now out of warranty and as such, Lenovo will not supply the back ordered part nor finish the repair as required under the terms and conditions of the warranty.  

Basically Lenovo 'ran down the warranty clock' using the backordered part excuse to not complete a repair under warranty and now that the warranty has expired, they are walking away from my case.  The rep told me to take the laptop to Best Buy and pay them to fix it.  I am beyond livid.  How can Lenovo not finish a repair under warranty (which I paid extra for)  and leave their customers 'holding the bag'??  How can they treat their customers this way and expect to get away with it?  There are serious legal and ethical issues at play here...Shame on you Lenovo!  

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 396
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y410P Warranty Repair Started Oct. 2015 - Part STILL on Back Order- Lenovo REFUSES to Finish Rep

Wow, that is a very disturbing story, especially for someone like myself that often recommends Lenovo products to my customers.

After two years I presume you have escalated this as high as you can within Lenovo, so If it is indeed Lenovo's position that they intend to not honor their warranty, it sounds like your only remedy is going to be a legal one; either privately or through your local attorney general's office.   The Better Business Bureau might also be able to help you as well.

I am curious, if Lenovo itself cannot obtain the required part, why did they believe that the Geek Squad at Best Buy would be able to do so?

Best of luck,

MCLC28
Paper Tape
Views: 383
Message 3 of 4

Re: Y410P Warranty Repair Started Oct. 2015 - Part STILL on Back Order- Lenovo REFUSES to Finish Rep

Thank you.   Very disturbing indeed...

Yes, I have escalated it as much as possible, but no matter the level, I always get the same 'rubber stamp' response - "Sorry, but the system says your laptop is out of warranty so there is nothing I can do...".  It doesn't matter how much I try to make them understand that I am merely asking them to complete a repair that they started but never finished, they still give me that response.

It seems the only wayto go now is the legal route.  Hopefully that will get something moving...

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 375
Message 4 of 4

Hello MCLC28, welcome to the Community,

I was unable to find an open complaint using the email address you have in your forum profile, perhaps you used another, but I would suggest using your original case number requesting the call center agent to open a complaint on your behalf with the reason being that the previous repair was incomplete.  This will then be passed on to the customer relations department who will contact you after investigating repair and call center history.  If you run into any difficulties please let me know.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors