Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abchea978
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,485
Message 1 of 7

YOGA 910 S/N ********* Keyboard Issue with left shift key

Hi All,

I sent my laptop in for repair because the left shift key was sticking. 

7025187370 is my Service Order Number.

I received an email from Jason that works for Flex for permission to replace my harddrive. I asked why and got no response, but said yes anyways because I use this laptop for work. Remember all I had was a keyboard issue.

I received the laptop back, keyboard was still the same. I spoke with support and asked them what they written in their notes for the diagnostics.He said, "keyboard cable is loose and replaced ssd is faulty (no reason).

When I called in and told them that I was not able to run my virtual machines (I upgraded to to Windows 10 Pro to use the Hyper-V feature), they told me it was a software issue. They also said that they replaced the harddrive with the same model as I got it from Best Buy in DEC 2016. I tested my VM's that I backed up on the original HD onto a seperate machine and they work fine. My files weren't corrupted and my Lenovo Yoga 910 was not working properly.

I then chatted with their tech support and asked for the original HD model. Guess what, they weren't matching.

This is the one in my current machine:

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/products/flash-storage/client-ssd/MZVLV512HCJH?ia=831

This is the original one when I originally bought it from Best Buy:

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/products/flash-storage/client-ssd/MZVLW512HMJP?ia=831

The one in my laptop right now has a production status of EOL (End of Life) and the other one is Mass Production. This means they downgraded my harddrive and worst, the harddrive is not even being produced anymore.

I called them again and Tom from the Philippines was able to understand my frustration. Sadly he had no control and said that I will be contacted by Lenovo Customer Affair within 1-3 days. So far its been close to a month without my laptop.

I travel a lot for work in the pharmaceutical industry and received multiple compliments for my laptop. I don't know how I feel about Lenovo right now with their customer support after sending the laptop to get repaired. I will update the forum once I hear back from Lenovo.

-Andrew

Moderator note: post moved, serial number removed for member's protection.

abchea978
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,325
Message 2 of 7

Re: YOGA 910 S/N ********* Keyboard Issue with left shift key

It's been a day 1 and no response.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,312
Message 3 of 7

Hello Andrew, welcome to the Community,

unfortunately, as you will see stated in our guidelines, the forums are not a dedicated support channel; the dedicated channels can be found through https://support.lenovo.com/ a swift response here is not always possible.

If you are still experiencing issues with the keyboard you should of course report this to support and request they open a new case in order to rectify the situation and if necessary request they escalate to a complaint.

On the subject of the SSD exchange; service will usually run diagnostics on a system when it is received in for service to eliminate any issues which may be present but not yet identified by the customer.  This would appear to be what has happened in this situation and a decision was made, after consulting with yourself, that the SSD should be exchanged.

Looking at the parts list for your system, available through the support site, it is possible to see which parts were built into and are authorized by service to be used, should an original part not be immediately available to prevent unnecessary delays, but still meet the specification of the system as it was sold.

yoga 910 ssd pno.PNG

You may, if you wish, open a complaint but it looks to me as though the service depot has followed correct procedures in this instance.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

abchea978
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,289
Message 4 of 7

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your response. My reason for posting is to bring awareness to users. This might happen to people that are not tech savvy.

To your response:

On the subject of the SSD exchange; service will usually run diagnostics on a system when it is received in for service to eliminate any issues which may be present but not yet identified by the customer.  This would appear to be what has happened in this situation and a decision was made, after consulting with yourself, that the SSD should be exchanged.

HD was 6 months. At that point, there was no need to run a diagnostics. If this was manufactured like this, then all the Lenovo Yoga 910 would have the same issue and it would be a recall. I asked for a reason on why it was replaced when I was on the phone with support they said "faulty harddrive no reason". No reason to me means Lenovo took my harddrive and replaced it with a version that is no longer produced and half the speed.

Also if it were to meet specifications, I should be able to run my Hyper-V without issues. You need to revise your documentation because another user will run into the same exact issue.

abchea978
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,232
Message 5 of 7

Hi All,

As an update I received this case number as I spoke with Tom - 8009120721. They were going to get back within 1-3 business days after being escalated with the Customer Care department. I called on the third day letting them know I am expecting a call. I received an email around 2PM saying they will call me on Monday (4th Business Day). 

I just spoke with Martin and now they are saying either today or tomorrow (5th day).

abchea978
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,165
Message 6 of 7

I am currently being escalated to a Depot Manager.

abchea978
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,094
Message 7 of 7

Rosemary was able to get me a new laptop (Yoga 720) with a bigger harddrive. Thank you for finding my a solution. As for international phone support, be persistent with them. You won't have good customer support until you reach someone within the US that will reach out to you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors