cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lapin_agile
Punch Card
Views: 362
Message 1 of 13

Yoga x1 gen 2 with screen banding problem: NO PARTS UNTIL NEXT YEAR?

I have a Yoga x1 gen2 I got last fall that's developed the screen banding problems that people occasionally experience.  I called in yesterday, 8/17/18 and spoke with support.  I have a 3 year onsite warranty.  Support said I would be called for the repair to be arranged.  Good.

Now today, 8/18, I get an email saying the part is not available and has to be ordered.  It would be nice if a time frame were indicated, it's a work laptop.  So I call the 800 number and am told that the part will not be available until next year.  NEXT YEAR, I gasp.  The guy tells me "maybe you can send it in and get it repaired, that might be quicker."

Words fail me.  Irresponsible?  Incompetent?  Dishonest?  (We are talking about "onsite repair," aren't we?)   What is going on here?  Who can I talk with about this?  The guy I spoke with was clueless.  If this is true, then we should put the word out that warranty coverage is essentially worthless.  I hope you can provide help and not condolences.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 311
Message 2 of 13

Re: Yoga x1 gen 2 with screen banding problem: NO PARTS UNTIL NEXT YEAR?

Hello lapin_agile,

I certainly can't blame the representative for giving you an honest answer based on the information available to them at the time. Yes sometimes there are parts constraints and efforts will automatically be made to source a part outside of the normal parts supply channel in such a situation, if that doesn't become possible alternative resolutions will be looked into. If you would like to post your service case number we could perhaps also look into this for you.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

lapin_agile
Punch Card
Views: 295
Message 3 of 13

Thank you for responding.  

I should make clear that I wasn't directing my complaint so much at the rep, but rather at the company, should it in fact be the case that I can't get my new laptop repaired for 4 months.  However, the rep had no further suggestions beyond "sending it in."  He just threw his hands up and left it to me to figure out I should come here. 

My case number is 406QSRW.  Thanks for your attention, I hope you can sort this out.

lapin_agile
Punch Card
Views: 257
Message 4 of 13

Andy, I saw that in another thread you advised a user with what sounds like the same problem to look into alternative solutions.  What are they and where do I go? 

I realize my first post was angry. ( Looking at it I guess my reference to "condolences" came out of just having been to a friend's funeral.)  In any case, I'm nonplussed at how unforthcoming Lenovo has been about addressing what should be a well-covered warranty issue.  My first laptop was a Thinkpad 500.  I've had a W520, an X230, and I got a refurbed educational Yoga for a friend.  I'm wondering if I've just been very lucky up to now. 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 242
Message 5 of 13

I had actually sent you a private message, check at the top of the page toward the right side for "Messages"

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

lapin_agile
Punch Card
Views: 227
Message 6 of 13

Andy, thanks for your message.  I would have responded privately but didn't see how to, so I'll ask here:  Since I can't use my laptop for what sounds like  a significant amount of time I would like for Lenovo to provide me with a replacement.  How do I pursue this?  Thank you for your efforts.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 213
Message 7 of 13

There is a reply button below the private message box or call support and request your case be escalated; they are able to do so.

Andy

English Community Leader

lapin_agile
Punch Card
Views: 201
Message 8 of 13

Ok, which support number would be best?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 168
Message 9 of 13

The number listed on the support site for your product when you select Support Phone List after entering your serial number.

usthink.PNG

Andy

English Community Leader

lapin_agile
Punch Card
Views: 229
Message 10 of 13

Thanks, but I'm afraid you're too late, I got through on 8/23.  The guy I talked with seemed sympathetic, I think I made it clear that I needed the laptop for work and can't wait until next year.  But he didn't specifically say in response that he was submitting a request for a replacement.  He said he had filled out the forms and was sending it on as we spoke.  The confirmation email I got included a new service request number but nothing else.

I've heard nothing since then.  Is two days or more for a response to be expected?.

Admin note: post merged in to keep the conversation in one place.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors