CO

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 6

change warranty country

2020-08-21, 15:12 PM

Hello,

I was in the united states when i decided to buy a laptop, because of coronavirus problemas I travel to colombia to solve some family issues, here in colombia I faced some issues and went to Warranty Company in my country but they did not accept it because I had bought form outside the country. I checked Lenovo website, laptop still under warranty but the shipping address was from different country from where i am now. Could anyone guide me what to do? the laptop is a ideapad Gaming 3-15IMH05 Laptop - Type 81Y4 and the problem I have is the hard drive is having problems.

Options

9368 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32645 Signins

1208075 Page Views

• Views: 1208075
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:change warranty country

2020-08-24, 9:07 AM

Hello Sergio,

If you are experiencing difficulties with your hard drive please ensure you backup your files in case it does fail completely. You can find out in which countries you are entitled to International Warranty Service (IWS) on the below linked to site, it's best to enter your serial number when requested which system. You will also find information regarding IWS on the same page(s).

http://support.lenovo.com/iwslookup

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

08-21-2020

CO

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2020-08-25, 13:08 PM

Hello Andy,

Thank you for the answer, I check and my laptop is not covered by IWS in Colombia, but due to the COVID-19 situation I would like to solve the deficiency of my laptop, I can´t travel back to US soon and it's onlye a HDD, not an special part, is there anything I can do to ask for the warranty to replace de HDD in Colombia.

Thnak you.

Options

9368 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32645 Signins

1208075 Page Views

• Views: 1208075
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-08-26, 7:17 AM

Hello,

You could call and after explaining your situation ask them if they are able to assist in some way or you could replace the hard drive yourself, enlist the assistance of a reputable notebook repair shop near you. If you choose to go the self repair route unless damage is caused replacing the drive your warranty would remain valid on all components except the drive.

http://support.lenovo.com/supportphonelist

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

08-21-2020

CO

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2020-08-27, 15:17 PM

Hello Andy,

I called again and I explain the situation one more time, they said that they can guide me as I change the HDD, but I have to pay the new HDD. The problem is that my laptop is new and it came with a defective HDD, it doesn't seem fair that they only guide me in the change for the HDD and it's me the one that have to pay for the replacement.

Options

2 Posts

09-08-2020

SG

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 6 of 6

2020-09-08, 10:55 AM

This will be similar case for me. I purchased from amazon sg then amazon sg took the unit from amazon us. I shipped the machine to Singapore and now after using the pc for 4 days the unit become defective and unable to use. Lenovo tech support advise that I need to pay for repair. I HOPE LENOVO can able to have alternative ways to this kind of setup, coz it is really inconvenient and dissapointed on my part.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete