Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 4,480
Message 11 of 19

Re: extended warranty on laptop purchased from outlet

harry, have you tried to extend your warranty?   if so, were you denied the extension?

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

Retired Guru
Views: 4,470
Message 12 of 19

Erik, good question. I ordered the "Mobile 1Yr Depot to Total 2Yr Onsite Warranty Next Business Day".

I'll post back with results in a couple of days. 

umassbound
Paper Tape
Views: 4,445
Message 13 of 19

My experience was that my order went into limbo - every time I logged on to check on it the delivery date had moved a few days into the future. When that date came the delivery date would move again to a few days in the future. I'm not sure exactly what has to get delivered for a warranty, but that is a different issue.

I finally called, and got to a 2nd-level support person, who couldn't figure out what the issue was. Until I said "I bought it from the outlet" and his immediate response was you can't extend the warranty on outlet purchases, and the only thing they could do was cancel the order. On the (very slightly) positive side, at least my credit card never got dinged.

Hopefully you will have better luck, but if you do I will be p***ed. I'm well past the 30 day window now.

NJ_Dave
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,314
Message 14 of 19

Just wanted to mention I just got bitten by this too, for my Outlet-purchased T500. The rep on the phone said this is a recent change in policy -- that the reps received an email a couple of months ago stating that "they" (Lenovo corporate, I guess) would no longer authorize warranty extensions for Outlet purchases. He said I could, however, wait until after my warranty expired, and buy a "post-warranty" which would comprise basically the same services as the return-to-depot extension I was requesting. The one-year extension would have cost $59; the one-year "post-warranty" costs $149.

I am definitely pi**ed that Lenovo quietly changed their policy without informing the affected customers! When I purchased the unit, I was given the impression that I had a year to upgrade the warranty, and nothing anyone said nor anything on the website indicated any different. It was true then -- not so much now. Any idea whether further policy changes are forthcoming? (My one-year warranty expires in April.)

Thanks

Dave

ryan1212
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,250
Message 15 of 19

Is Lenovo willing to do anything for those of us who have already ordered warrantys and they are sitting "In Process" with estimated ship dates that are over a week old?

ryan1212
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,073
Message 16 of 19

Any Updates on this? I ordered my warranty before I read this thread on 10/12, and it is still pending.

When did this policy change? I called the outlet and verifed they were extendable back in late July, then I watched the outlet daily until September when I finally found what I was looking for.

poci_wasiats
Paper Tape
Views: 3,957
Message 17 of 19

whered y buy the warranty???

samtoossi
Punch Card
Views: 3,715
Message 18 of 19

I also would like to express my disappointment with this policy. I bought a NEW T400s from the outlet last week under the impression that lenovo still offered warranty upgrades on their outlet products. I don't see why lenovo takes a hard stance on outlet warranty upgrades. I could have gotten a new T400s at the same price with similar specs and 3 years warranty from a reseller but I I decided to by from lenovo because of my past experience with their top notch sales service. But when I got the system and saw that I can't upgrade the warranty, I have to say, I was pissed off. I don't  like the idea of having a first generation (and rather expensive) laptop that only carries a 1 year warranty.

samtoossi
Punch Card
Views: 3,659
Message 19 of 19

just to add to my above post, its seems like the t400s has quiet a few issues that are not being resolved or are being resolved very slowly. T400s laptops NEED an extended warranty! Come on Lenovo....change your dumb policy

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors