Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rok4
Paper Tape
Views: 229
Message 1 of 5

new x1 carbon 6th unable to boot / iws policy

It has been about 5 days, It worked fine.

But it is now unable to boot.

I have no idea what happened, it just doesn't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANepugwwBto

as you can see in the video when I turn it on, fan and keyboard backlight is on for about 1 second and It just reboots.

The real problem is, that I bought this from us official store.

But I live in Korea, And even though there is IWS, they say they won't repair this because I bought it from us "online" store.

seriously?

Can you help me with this? I want to know the exact policy ,

I can send it back to us for repair, but It takes so much time, money(I might have to pay the import tax three times!!)

psun786
Punch Card
Views: 207
Message 2 of 5

Re: new x1 carbon 6th unable to boot / iws policy

Hi, try the following and let us know if it works

1. Disconnect power cable

2. Open back cover

3. Disconnect battery

4. Press and hold power button for 30 sec

5. Reconnect battery

6. Close back cover

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 199
Message 3 of 5

In addition to the above:

First try the reset hole on the bottom.  If you do pull the back cover, also disconnect the coin-cell battery along with the main battery.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

rok4
Paper Tape
Views: 194
Message 4 of 5

thanks, but I've tried all of that....

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 184
Message 5 of 5

Sorry the suggestions didn't help Smiley Sad

Since this seems more a warranty issue than hardware/software at this point, I've moved the thread to General.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors