Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
degoldman
What's DOS?
Views: 268
Message 1 of 2

onsite next day service isnt onsite!

Wow , is it just me that has had warranty issues? I picked up the Flex2-14 and the 2 year accidental warranty  for my daughter to head off to college with. Mounth into schooll I got that call and was at least for a moment glad I had spent the extra money on the warranty. After several calls and being passed from person to person they say that screen related issues are not covered by onsite next day repair and it will be 2-3 weeks for the laptop to be repaired. In todays college enviorment that does not work. I am now heading out to pick up a "back up" laptop for her to keep. I am still trying to figiure out how you can sell onsite- next day and then say never mind send it to us and you are out 2-3 weeks

Former Administrator
Views: 234
Message 2 of 2

Re: onsite next day service isnt onsite!

degoldman,

I agree that we could make the overall situation more clear when there are multiple warranty upgrades in place.

It sounds like you have an upgrade to onsite delivery - this covers most warranty repairs onsite, there are occassional exceptions where there are multiple repair attempts and we need to then bring the system in where we have all parts available and a controlled repair environment.

It sounds like you also have the accidental damage coverage.  Historically, accidental damage claims are all handled in the depot rather than onsite. 

I appreciate that your daughter depends on her system for her daily school work, and any downtime is a real problem which is why you invested in the onsite coverage to try to minimize this.  

Mark

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors