08-25-2020

PL

14 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 9

question ABOUT WARRANTY to Admin or someone responsible from Lenovo

2020-08-25, 18:15 PM

I would like to buy a Lenovo ThinkPad T490 laptop in USA, based on the S/N number in the Lenovo database this laptop has a valid international warranty (IWS), including country like USA and Poland (and many others), if the warranty is correctly displayed and valid based on the S/N number, do I need any laptop purchase documents to use warranty in Poland??? If the laptop and warranty is correctly displayed in the Lenovo database, it means that it was purchased from Lenovo.

After all there is no doubt that laptop isn't counterfeit.

Options

9353 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32644 Signins

1207910 Page Views

• Views: 1207910
  • Message 2 of 9

Re:question ABOUT WARRANTY to Admin or someone responsible from Lenovo

2020-08-25, 18:40 PM

Hello and welcome to the Community,

It is possible that you may be asked to provide documents to ensure that you have entitlement.

"International Warranty Service (IWS) enables customers who travel with, or relocate any IWS-eligible Lenovo machine type to receive warranty service in any country where their machine type is announced and sold and supported by Lenovo or a Lenovo authorized reseller under Lenovo Limited Warranty and/or the destination country Warranty Services Agreement."

Lenovo's Product Warranty site:
https://support.lenovo.com/sk/en/solutions/ht505088

Linked to from that site the IWS entitlement site:
https://support.lenovo.com/sk/en/solutions/ht505335

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

6 Posts

08-25-2020

PL

14 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2020-08-25, 20:19 PM

I do not understand what the entitlement you mean, the laptop has a sticker on the bottom with the serial number. Moreover serial number is saved in the laptop's BIOS, it is a unique number in the world and is saved in the central Lenovo database, so the laptop had to be purchased from Lenovo, there is no doubt here. I do not apply for a longer warranty than the one correctly displayed in Lenovo database. I understand that proof of purchase may be required in situation when laptop is for example bought with 3 years warranty but in database is visible shorter warranty covarage. It’s consistent for me.

To be sure, I talked to various representatives via Sales Chat and they all confirmed that if the warranty is correctly displayed in the Lenovo database, absolutely no document is needed. As a proof, I can send you a saved conversation (transcript).

It is quite inconvenient to remember the proof of purchase when you work in different places around the world.

Options

9353 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32644 Signins

1207910 Page Views

• Views: 1207910
  • Message 4 of 9

2020-08-26, 8:33 AM

Hello,

If you already had "proof" why did you ask here? A proof of purchase can be requested by any service provider in any country or documents to show you are travelling / have re-located to that country. If you purchase a system through a reseller who imports privately from the USA, the grey market, you would need to contact them for service as importer and not Lenovo. If you personally purchase the system in the USA then you are in a position to show that you imported it. You may, and I stress may, be requested to illustrate that on one occasion, after that the proof of purchase will be recorded in the system.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

6 Posts

08-25-2020

PL

14 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2020-08-27, 11:24 AM

The proof in which country the laptop was originally sold by Lenovo is the S/N number (saved in BIOS of each laptop). 

Based on S/N  number, Lenovo also exactly knows to whom this laptop was sold.

The proof that I travel or have changed the country of work is that I am in another country with this laptop.

I would like to buy a laptop in the USA, I do not know where to buy, maybe it will be a new laptop, maybe on Ebay, maybe slightly used from another private person (depending on where the best offer is, because it is expensive thing for me), all these laptops have the S/N numbers, and I am not entitled to a international warranty then? Before buying, I want to know as I am often in different countries due to the nature of my job. You write something else, three other representatives of Lenovo on Chat write something else (that I do not need purchase documents if the warranty is correctly displayed in the Lenovo database), so who should I listen to? I can send you saved transcript/chats.

Based on S/N number in the Lenovo database, you can see in which country the laptop was purchased, so Lenovo exactly knows to whom it sold this laptop.

The Lenovo database (IS A PROOF), WHERE, WHEN and WHOM was the laptop originally sold by Lenovo !

I understand the need for a proof of purchase ONLY if there are any inaccuracies in the Lenovo database, as confirmed by the all Chat Sales Man/representatives !

Options

6 Posts

08-25-2020

PL

14 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2020-09-03, 20:28 PM

If I buy a laptop from a private person and this person issues a bill of sale, is this a sales document for warranty?

Options

5 Posts

09-04-2020

US

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 7 of 9

2020-09-05, 12:12 PM

Online Sales Chat representatives confirm that there is no need if the warranty is correctly displayed in database. 

There is also same information on the Polish website, I am sending a translated screenshot below.

Options

5 Posts

09-04-2020

US

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 8 of 9

2020-09-06, 9:20 AM
Options

6 Posts

08-25-2020

PL

14 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2020-09-06, 13:44 PM
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete