cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KindYAK
Fanfold Paper
Views: 292
Message 1 of 6

"Authorization has failed" error while checking out - money blocked on my account

I've tried to pay for my order with Kazakhstan debit MasterCard (there was no indication, that international cards are not accepted during the payment), but got an "Authorization has failed. Please contact your credit card provider" error. My money are now blocked and I don't have neither an order ID, nor confirmation e-mail.

I've contacted my bank, they said that the only option is for product supplier to cancel the hold. However, there is no way I can contact Lenovo support now, since the only option I've found is the phone number.

I hope and 99% sure that Lenovo will not actually withdraw my money without providing the product. However I am very dissatisfied and have two questions:

1) Is there any other option to contact Lenovo except for phone? Any Lenovo staff on this forum?

2) Can you give any estimates as of how soon the money will be unblocked?

Thank you

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee Oemchen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 241
Message 2 of 6

Re: "Authorization has failed" error while checking out - money blocked on my account

Hello KindYAK,

sorry, I can't help you. I work in Germany with Channel partners, and I don't have any connection to direct sales.

Maybe this link will help you:

https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/shopping-faq/

Or you can try to ask a local Lenovo Partner to support you in Kazakhstan:

https://www3.lenovo.com/kz/ru/wtb/

Even if they can't help you, they should be able to forward your request to Lenovo in Kazakhstan.

As I'm in Germany, I don't have any contacts to Kazakhstan, but I think it will be much fast for you, to contact Lenovo there locally anyway.

Best regards and good Luck,

Oemchen

KindYAK
Fanfold Paper
Views: 228
Message 3 of 6

Re: "Authorization has failed" error while checking out - money blocked on my account

Hello, Oemchen

Thank you for reply!

Unfortunately, there's no official representatives of Lenovo in Kazakhstan, only distributors and resellers.

As far as I can tell I have three options:
1) Wait and hope Lenovo will unblock my money soon
2) Try to contact US Lenovo employees on the forum/some social network
3) Try to call them. That's what I'll try to do now.
Lenovo Employee Oemchen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 220
Message 4 of 6

Hello KindYAK,

where did you try to order your notebook?

From the russian webshop maybe?!

If so, then I'd recommend contacting the russian colleagues:

https://www3.lenovo.com/ru/ru/contact/

Good luck,

Oemchen

KindYAK
Fanfold Paper
Views: 216
Message 5 of 6

No, Russian Lenovo don't even sell laptops on their site. I've tried to order my notebook specifically from the official US lenovo web-site site:
https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-t-series/ThinkPad-T580/p/20L9CTO1WWENUS0/cus...

I know, that they don't ship internationally, but there are some services out there, which can than ship it to basically any other location for a fee.
I'll try to reach out to US Lenovo, if for some reason I can't, I'll use your advice and try to reach out to them through Russian Lenovo.

Thank you for support, Oemchen
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 202
Message 6 of 6

What you will be seeing is the credit hold placed on your card when you clicked the button to place the order. Once the order was rejected, for whatever reason, Lenovo will have immediately sent a notification for the credit hold to be dropped. It will drop from your account in accordance with your banks terms of trading.

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues