Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

03-19-2014

united kingdom

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 4

terrible experience with my lenovo order

2014-03-19, 21:41 PM

Its been over 4 weeks since I received my thinkpad from Lenovo, only to discover that the mouse and usb stick required for mouse and keyboard to work was missing from the delivery.

I immediately reported this to Lenovo, sorry, "digitalriver" who said they would issue a replacement.

4 weeks later my replacement is nowhere to be found. I have phoned in 5 times only to be told they can offer no explanation for this, only that it has been "escalated".

Been told twice now by digitalriver representatives that I would receive a call back within 24 hours, and yet noone has phoned me back. Been told via standard template email responses that my issue is being investigated. Still 4 weeks later I have not heard a word or received an updated to my situation.

I would have thought the world's biggest PC maker would have a spare mouse to send out. As of now I find myself still unable to use my computer properly after spending £989!!!

Customer service team has been unhelpful and ignored the latest email I sent to them this week. I have now been in contact with consumer advise helpline and will be escalating this further as LENOVO has technically breached their contact with me as they have failed to delivery the full product stated in the delivery note.

I will not be buying from this company again and definitely not recommend it.

Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Views: 7583
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: terrible experience with my lenovo order

2014-03-20, 2:19 AM
I don't understand your issue completely. ThinkPads do not need a mouse and usb stick for their keyboard to work. If you need a driver, they are all available for download from Lenovo.

Are you saying you ordered a mouse at the same time that you ordered your ThinkPad and they forgot to include your mouse in the shipment?

Mice are inexpensive. Instead of spending 4 weeks unable to use your computer, why not just buy a cheap mouse so you can at least be productive while you wait? I understand that as a matter of principle, this would be unsatisfying, but at least you could get your work done.

Who is DigitalRiver? Did you buy this direct from Lenovo or through a reseller?
Options

3 Posts

03-19-2014

united kingdom

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 3 of 4

2014-03-20, 7:26 AM

Let me clarify a bit on my situation.

It is an Ideacentre b550 that ive bought, not sure why I decided to name it a thinkpad.

it is a 23' all inclusive and is shipped with a wireless keyboard and mouse, both  using the same usb stick to function.

As I did not receive the mouse, i cannot use the mouse or the keyboard. You are correct in saying it is a matter or principle, considering the amount ive spent with your company. I should get what I pay for.

DigitaiRiver is the authorised reseller of Lenovo in the UK. All orders placed on LENOVOS's website in the UK are processed by DigitalRiver. If you google them the list of complaints pile up concerning their horrible customer service and problems relating to LENOVO orders. A shame I did not do this before placing my order as I would have chosen a different company.

They have forgotten to include the mouse. I've been trying since the 27th of February to get a replacement sent out and all I get are excuses and promises of updates I never receive. My emails are ignored as well. LENOVO and DigitalRiver must have a very dysfunctional relationship if they are unable to sort out such a simple problem and it reflects poorly on their customer service.

Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Views: 7583
  • Message 4 of 4

2014-03-20, 13:47 PM

considering the amount ive spent with your company.

I don't work for Lenovo.

Thanks for the clarification, your post makes sense now.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms