Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
thewhites60
Paper Tape
Views: 162
Message 1 of 4

terrible repair service

my yoga 730 became damaged{screen} when a small plastic insert dislodged somehow on the bottom left corner of the screen 

falling onto the keyboard whilst i was closing it {in the dark at 1.00am as i didnt want to disturb the family .sent it off via ups{eventually received the labels}with the full instructions of how to pack ie original box{pristine condition when sent}layer upon layer of bubble wrap etc etc.....it ended up in czech republic somehow and was then told it was not under a warranty free repair and pay 354.00 to have it fixed!!well im sure this part should not be falling off..and it was insinuated i had caused the damage myself ....to do it i would have had to strike the screen exactly in the place the damage occured bottom left near the hinge ..... it was meant then{after a few tooing and frooings emails to have been sent under investigation somewhere to ascertain the nature of fault ..this i dont believe .....emails surfaced that the repair was complete[i thought it had been fixed obviously hooray}and it was being returned ....it appeared a few days later in a box that was falling apart {an amazon primebox which i didnt send-a very used one at that } with no layers of bubble wrap to protect it just some flimsy air wrap inside ..well my original box was damaged on one corner and split the other and ...on opening the screen not repaired what a great service ..this over the course of a few weeks too..who can i complain to higher up ? anyone can help please 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 105
Message 2 of 4

Re: terrible repair service

Hi thewhites60,

Welcome to the community forums.

This is not the kind of experience we want you to have and we apologize for the trouble. Could you send us a photo of the screen and the condition of the box when you receive it from the service center? We'd like to look into this further. 

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

thewhites60
Paper Tape
Views: 96
Message 3 of 4

ty for the reply ..i am ongoing in contacting repair at Lenovo ....they seem to be concentrating on this package issue { it is unacceptable tbh

as the stringent dos and donts on you sending to them isnt followed the same by their return} however my focus is on the warranty situation as there is a set methodology that says any physical damage must be done by the owner ... well the evidence says that the impact point on the screen is in direct relation to where the part is missing ie the small cover lower left bottom that fell off onto the keyboard in the process of closing .....i cant seem to send the pic{s} as the file size is over the kb 

thewhites60
Paper Tape
Views: 33
Message 4 of 4

as i said the file size for the photo{s} is too large and it will not send in here .. i have relayed them via email ... u do know i am uk based ....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors