Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjtct
What's DOS?
Views: 688
Message 1 of 5

the worst customer service in USA!

I don't know how to express my dissatisfication for my recent lenovo purchase. I
just placed an order for a Refurbished T410($724)  from lenovo outlet. I
couldn't image that lenovo discounted all refurbished laptop 25%off next day
before i receive my order. Unfortunately, I found a new T420 with better configuratures is only $700. I
tried to contact your CS for change or price match before my order shippng
out. But they directly rejected my inquire, immediately sent out. I didn't find
any policy indicating I can't price match for an unreasonalbe price.   I ever bought several laptops from HP, Dell and
Acer, even outlet products, and always had a nice and useful service.  However, it is the worst CS i experienced
in USA. Who can protect our customer benefits? I felt so angry. Maybe,  i 'd better file a complain with the lowest rate to BBB, and post my story on some laptop forums to warn  others " Don't make the same mistaking from lenovo or avoid  lenovo". I don't know how lenovo earns American users with such a service. I doublt!    

qiaowenqian
Fanfold Paper
Views: 673
Message 2 of 5

Re: the worst customer service in USA!

The best you can do is to return the old one, and purchase another with 25% off. You will save 10% eventually.
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 669
Message 3 of 5

The price match only occurs when you order the same machine with the same spec from the online store. T410 and T420 is not the same machine as far as the Lenovo CS is concerned, they don't have the authority to do what you want.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
JDay
Broadband 3G
Views: 645
Message 4 of 5

@lead_org wrote:
The price match only occurs when you order the same machine with the same spec from the online store. T410 and T420 is not the same machine as far as the Lenovo CS is concerned, they don't have the authority to do what you want.

That is not what it looks like he was trying to do, he was trying to get either the 25% off on the T410, or cancel that order and get a T420.

SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 623
Message 5 of 5

due to how orders are fulfilled through the outlet, the terms and conditions are strict on cancellations.   these terms are explained in numerous places throughout the site and must be agreed to before finalizing an order.

while i can understand how this may be frustrating, it's up to the customer to first familiarize themselves with a store's policies before purchase.   you are entering a contract with a reseller and it's the customer's job to understand the terms of that contract.

the Customer service link found in the footer of every page states the following:

Order Status

For secure access to your order's status, you'll need your 7-digit customer number and your 6-digit order number. These numbers are provided to you on the order success page and in an email sent after your order is placed. To check the status of your order go to www.lenovoorders.com

Orders for products that are listed as "In Stock" cannot be canceled after the order is placed. Please refer to our return policy below for additional information.

Cancellation Policy

Orders cannot be canceled because the order fulfillment process begins shortly after the order is placed and in some cases can result in the order shipping the same day. If you do not want to keep the item you ordered you can return it after it arrives. Please refer to the return policy above for additional information.

also found in the footer of every page is the following info:

Last chance/ Limited supply details: These models cannot be reordered once they sell out. If we take your order on a product which sells out and the product can not be reordered, (1) Lenovo has the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for the product, even if Lenovo has confirmed the order and charged your credit card; and (2) if Lenovo has charged your credit card but subsequently canceled your order, Lenovo will promptly issue a credit to your credit card account. All PCs are fully tested to original factory specifications and carry a limited Warranty (1 year). Post sale warranty upgrades are not available for outlet products. Pricing: Does not include tax, shipping and handling, or recycling fees. Reseller prices may vary. Standard shipping excludes Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. Offers, prices, specifications and availability may change without notice. Price adjustments for previously bought products that are currently at a lower price are not available. Lenovo is not responsible for photographic or typographic errors.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad P40 · 600

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors