Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knacker
Fanfold Paper
Views: 249
Message 1 of 2

warranty confusion

Hi

I live and work in Canada. While down in the US, I arranged to buy a new thinkpad t410s from someone I know in the US (nothing sketchy: he's my brother's best friend...got it from his work and doesn't need it). He told me that it had a one year warranty on it, which made sense (it seems it's the standard thinkpad warranty these days). I came back to Canada, worried about whether the warranty would be useful to me in Canada (and elsewhere) and so called Lenovo to ask. The Lenovo rep I spoke to told me that a new t410s definitely has IWS (international warranty service) elligibility. Great. I sent my brother money to hand over for the machine. I got a note today from my brother saying that his friend thinks the warranty is only good in the US. I checked the type/model number - 2904G2U - through the lenovo website and it said that it was indeed eligible for IWS. So, I think my brother's friend is just mistaken, but I wanted to be sure that there's nothing I could be missing here. Anyone familiar enough with this stuff to say for sure, or at least confirm that I'm not missing anything obvious here?

Sorry for all the details, I just don't want to get screwed by a loophole or some kind of exception.

Thanks!

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 241
Message 2 of 2

Re: warranty confusion

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/warrantyLookup.do?type=2904&iws=on&sitestyle=lenovo

here is the list of all the countries that you are eligible for IWS in. Canada is included in it.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors