Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fmalik
What's DOS?
Views: 501
Message 1 of 4

yoga c930 overheat/ loud fan and complicated repalcement

after reading multiple good reviews and youtube videos about the c930 i decided to eventually get one, i decided to get it direct from lenovo because of the offer it had on. BUT its the worst decision of my life, i contacted lenovo on the day i recived the laptop regarding overheating and was told i can get a replacement and i need to wait for the email for pickup of my existing machine withih 1-2 days. It has been 14 days now and after 5 calls and 10 emails, i have heard nothing..all i keep getting told is they are still waiting for the email to come through, i have spoken to multilple operators and been in the loop for over 2 weeks now.

my advice is please DO NOT BUY FROM LENOVO. worst customer service i have recieved in this day and age. i am stuck with a laptop c930 that overheats to a dangerous level and this has impact on my education because my deadlines are approaching and i am still having to wait for thier go delivery service to arrange the collection of my laptop so i can get my replaccement. at this rate i feel to just get my refund and request compensation for this huge inconveinece. first they send me a faulty product and then they decide to not get in touch and ignore me. i will esclate this as under consumer rights you are denying my right to a working product for the money i paid.

Admin note; post edited in accordance with the Community Guidelines.

Highlighted
Maugha
SCSI Port
Views: 497
Message 2 of 4

Re: yoga c930 overheat/ loud fan and complicated repalcement

I'm sorry this happened. When I first purchased the Yoga 3 Pro, it overheated so badly that I took it back one week later. By then, the Yoga 900 was released and I purchased that instead. The 900 was not as bad as the 3 Pro was and I loved the computer, but it did over heat...so much that it left burn marks on my legs. I bought a cooling pad and that seemed to work. I purchased the C930 in December and was concerned about it over heating...but it never has. I'm still cautious and I have the vent clear so it doesn't heat up. IMHO, this is an amazing computer and worth a try if you can find a way to cool it.
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 429
Message 3 of 4

Hello fmalik, welcome to the Community,

If you would like to post your order number it's possible that I might be able to assist or find out exactly what is happening. Please do not post any private information.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

fmalik
What's DOS?
Views: 416
Message 4 of 4

This was my original order number. 9036156109

thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors