Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
AhmedX2
Accepted Solution

Yoga 11 upgrade to Windows RT 8.1 issue

I am trying to upgrade my Windows 8 RT to Windows RT 8.1 Preview but, i cant find a way to do so.
As far as i know i should be able to upgrade from Windows 8 Store, i searched but there is no such upgrade.

I also updated my system from windows update and it updated the firmware too, i though this update would upgrade my OS to 8.1 Preview but it didn't.

I really need that upgrade because i need to use Outlook RT, apparently Outlook RT is only available with Win 8.1

Does anyone know how to upgrade the Yoga 11 from Windows RT 8 to Windows RT 8.1 Preview ?
And are there any alternatives to Outlook RT that i can use ? i searched the Store but i didn't find something that can work like Outlook RT

goretsky
Topics: 18
Kudos: 326
Solutions: 119

Re: Yoga 11 upgrade to Windows RT 8.1 issue

Hello,

Microsoft will be releasing the official version of Windows RT 8.1 on October 17th.  I would suggest waiting until then to perform the upgrade. That way you will get any updates and changes made for 8.1 compatibility that were not available during the Release Preview test version.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
S230u (3347-4HU)X220 (4286-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)T61p (6459-CTO)T43p (2678-H7U)T42 (2378-R4U)T23 (2648-LU7)
de.gif  Deutsche Community es.gif  Comunidad en Español
Blue Screen Again
AhmedX2

Ok but, how can i upgrade to the current 8.1 Preview version ?

Token Ring
n1smo

Go here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-download

But I also recommend you wait, most company can access Outlook through webmail.  Windows 8.1 Preview runs like sh!t on the Yoga.  Video driver crashes, artifacts on the screen, touchpad unresponsive, slow, crashes, and that's just off the top of my head.  Yeah, Outlook RT runs good when it is working but everything else is a mess.  Oh yeah, Internet Explorer can't handle the easiest of pages especially anything from Google.  So YouTube page didn't work for example.  I just hope it is not a preview of how the final 8.1 product is going to run because I'm tossing this thing out the window (actually, I won't because this pos cost me a pretty penny, I'll just not upgrade).  But of course you won't listen to me and install 8.1 preview anyway, well, at least create a backup before you upgrade so you can roll back.  No, One Touch Recovery doesn't exist for the Yoga even though it is advertised, you have to get yourself a thumbdrive (~4 gb) and create an image.  There are instructions from Microsoft, just search. 

Blue Screen Again
AhmedX2

Thanks man :smileyhappy:
I restored the Yoga to default setting and returned it, may be i will use it when MS release the full version of Windows RT 8.1 though its very light and portable.