Options

2 Posts

07-02-2012

UK

4 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 71 of 95

Re: Changing Default Energy Management Options...

2012-07-05, 11:14 AM

Hi

For what it's worth, just bought aa Ideapad S205 & have exactly same problem with settings reverting back to battery runtime from battery health.  Tech support recommended doing a complete operating system reinstall...I don't think so!  It's obviously a bug in the software.

On another subject the wireless network adapter is awful.   Considering this net/laptop was not the cheapest in it's class I expect better and am considering returning it for a refund which is a shame as their are features I like:smileyfrustrated:

Options

1 Posts

12-05-2012

Earth

1 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 72 of 95

2012-12-05, 15:55 PM

Lenovo, this thread does not contain a solution--it just tells us to bug off. A solution would be allowing customers to set the threshold to something other than 40%. Automatically and silently changing the settings is a horrible interface design.Having a mystery magic threshold that cannot be changed or viewed is a horrible programming practice. It is not difficult to simply let the user set the threshold. That is nothing but arrogance on your part. Treating your customers like they are too stupid to use the machine you sold them is insulting. If you will not provide a real solution, please stop saying that this issue has a solution. No solution has been provided, and your arrogant attitude is really giving me a bad impression about your products.

I have to keep Windows on my laptop because the Lenovo Energy Management tool only works on Windows. It is a huge pain to boot into Windows every time my battery dips below 40% to just set it back to optimize for battery health. I'd really appreciate it if you'd provide something open-source, but I would be content if you'd just stop treating me like I am too stupid to pick my own settings.

Options

7 Posts

01-18-2013

BC

9 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 73 of 95

2013-01-18, 17:45 PM

First of all:   B U M P !  Secondly: This issue is still not solved. I have a V570 running WIN7 and have carefully read through this forum because I have exactly the same problem. I now understand that the switch is made when running on battery and percentage falls below 40. That, is something I am prepared to handle, though I think it unnecessary. What IS still a major problem, is that if I shutdown or even just hibernate or put my V570 to sleep, the Power Management program "forgets" my setting and charges the battery to 100%. I have the latest version of Lenovo Power Management, 6.0.2.1, and I have tried restarting in SAFE MODE, but Lenovo Power Management does not work when the computer is in SM. You can click on it, but nothing happens. 
Can someone please tell me this has been solved and what the sol'n is?  Until then, I will figure Lenovo engineers were just asleep at the switch on this one. It's not a feature, it's a bug!

Options

7 Posts

01-18-2013

BC

9 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 74 of 95

2013-01-18, 23:32 PM

Follow up:  It is a few  hours later. For some reason, the setting  "Optimise For Battery Health"  seems to have decided to stick around. The only setting i changed was switching from "Balanced" in Power Management, to "Engergy Star."  I even experimented by running the battery percentage down to 42%, I then plugged in & turned off my V570 for at least an hour. When i turned it back on, lo & behold! 49% !!   This is a change for the better. Before making the above mentioned change, if i turned off my machine the battery percentage would go all the way up to 100% if i left it long enough, even while hibernating. And the battery setting would always switch back to "Best For Battery Runtime"..

For anyone who reads this, with this problem: Let me know if this helps

Options

67 Posts

03-06-2012

midwest

57 Signins

533 Page Views

• Views: 533
  • Message 75 of 95

2013-03-04, 0:06 AM

For over a year I've been trying to figure out why my battery setting was not being remembered.  I have tried your approach, Eric, and while it's still too early to say with any certainty, the early indications are positive that changing the setting from Balanced to Energy Star is working.

Options

7 Posts

01-18-2013

BC

9 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 76 of 95

2013-03-15, 14:36 PM

Eric here.
How did it work out?

Options

67 Posts

03-06-2012

midwest

57 Signins

533 Page Views

• Message 77 of 95

2013-03-15, 15:47 PM

Sorry to say it didn't work out. It doesn't matter whether I use the Balanced or Energy Star setting. The battery setting still reverts to "Best For Battery Runtime".

Options

2 Posts

05-11-2012

california

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 78 of 95

2013-03-17, 3:16 AM
Not working for my z575 either. Keeps setting it back to "Best...Runtime" option from Battery Health/Energy Star combo.
Having had to buy a T61 replacement after 2 months after the warranty, and then have the screen die on me 3 months after receiving the replacement, the cynic in me is starting to get louder.
Options

67 Posts

03-06-2012

midwest

57 Signins

533 Page Views

• Message 79 of 95

2013-03-17, 13:23 PM

To be fair, I've had my Z575 for over a year with no significant problems to speak of.  Just some occasional buggy issues, such as this Energy Managment issue and a touchpad that's not as smooth and responsive as my wife's Mac or a Dell laptop we have.  Otherwise, this Z575 has been pretty good.

Still, when reading through the posts in this forum regarding complaints and problems, it's easy to get the impression that Lenovo is not at the top of their game. 

Options

2 Posts

05-11-2012

california

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 80 of 95

2013-03-18, 18:15 PM

Just to be clear about my last post regarding the T61 replacement, I meant replacement battery, not replacement for the t61. It still works with a external screen, but getting the screen itself fixed was too pricy vs. this z575 I got last year.

Back to the topic, again today changed back to optimized for runtime, not the battery health option. Could this be a windows registry setting?

Lenovo?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete