Options

18 Posts

01-15-2017

US

14 Signins

191 Page Views

• Views: 191
  • Message 11 of 13

Re: Dolby Home Theater V4 changed to Dolby Digital Plus after Realtek Audio Driver update Windows 8.

2017-01-15, 3:15 AM

I know this thread is old, but...
I updated a while back (it was the Anniversary update if I'm not mistaken) and Dolby Audio disappeared. Nothing except for Dolby Advanced Audio v2 in the PCEE4 folder will install, and I can't find drivers anywhere online. The ones on my laptop just tell me I'm missing Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby Advanced Audio APO/random other components.
Any help?

Oh, and a side note: the "speakers" device has (or had before I tried rolling back the realtek driver, which didn't help) a tab labeled "Dolby Audio." When using headphones, enabling it makes the audio quality worse, as it is optimizing it for the speakers, which have limited audio range. The application that used to be there would recognize headphones as such (despite realtek drivers not being able to), but I can't change anything without the app.

Options

27 Posts

08-08-2015

Sweden

21 Signins

201 Page Views

• Views: 201
  • Message 12 of 13

Re: Dolby Home Theater V4 changed to Dolby Digital Plus after Realtek Audio Driver update Windows 8.

2017-01-16, 6:40 AM

What driver version(s)?

Have you tried reversing drivers through Device Manager?

Limitations on audio range depends on speaker and headphone model, it's not a general rule (e.g. my headphones have better than my speakers).

Lenovo Y510p user
Options

18 Posts

01-15-2017

US

14 Signins

191 Page Views

• Views: 191
  • Message 13 of 13

2017-09-26, 23:46 PM

Somehow, I never got any notification for this reply.

Dolby is still gone. Mostly. It's still an option that I can enable/disable for the default speakers.

The equalizer is probably not compatible with the latest Windows update anymore, anyway.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete