Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesK and Vibe Z Series Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-25-2016

Bangalore

2 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 31 of 104

Re: 10 Reasons Why Not To Root Your Lenovo Phone

2016-01-25, 4:06 AM
Yes
Options

1268 Posts

12-05-2014

Germany

1308 Signins

21591 Page Views

• Views: 21591
  • Message 32 of 104

2016-01-25, 17:59 PM

I dont really know the name of google software that can be disabled for the phone to still run smoothly. I tried this by trial and error. I disable one by one what can be removed and if the phone has any problems I enable back the goolge app. Some disabled google apps for no reason started to give the google play store error. This is something that is done by google android however and little to do with Lenovo. I quite support the current trend that Lenovo should make the phones more Android-like, which limites the errors and quickens the updates speed. I personally disabled these apps: Could Print, Drive, Gmail, Google App, Goole Play Books, Google Play Games, Google Play Newstand, Google Test to speech, Goolge+, Hangouts. I also disabled all the active walpapers (e.g. Bubbles), and Photo Screensavers, ShareIt, and Syncit as I was not using it at the time.

P.S. I am not aware of the app gibberish, it does not seem to exist on my phone. Either it does not come iwth Lenovo phones and it is a third party app, or you have a different phone or software to what I am using.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

Options

2016-01-25, 19:51 PM
Thank you, that's a great help. My phone is the Indian version K50 A40, which I bought here in GB. I'm disgusted that Lenovo don't appear to take any interest in the forum or their customers. I used to recommend Lenovo, but now I tell people not to bother.
Options

4 Posts

08-11-2015

Jaipur, India

8 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 34 of 104

2016-01-29, 3:12 AM
Due to its heating issue and laggy touch, I won't recommend lenevo k3 note
Options

14 Posts

02-08-2016

India

41 Signins

306 Page Views

• Views: 306
  • Message 35 of 104

2016-02-09, 9:30 AM

Can someone please provide the list of apps that can be safely removed after rooting the ROW version of the firmware on Lenovo Vibe K4 Note?

IMHO the default set of applications (manufacturer provided) still contains losts of bloatware and unnecessary apps.

Options

14 Posts

02-08-2016

India

41 Signins

306 Page Views

• Message 36 of 104

2016-02-09, 9:39 AM

How do I get the real Android Lollipop or Marshmallow experience on my Lenovo Vibe K4 Note device?

Options

1268 Posts

12-05-2014

Germany

1308 Signins

21591 Page Views

• Message 37 of 104

2016-02-09, 16:07 PM
To disable or remove apps you need to experiment a little bit. All apps are useful for something, but if you are not using these services they are just unnecessarily loaded to your memory. If you are using the services then you might get an error at some point. For instance, I disabled Google Play Newsstand as I don't use it. To be honest, I disabled also Google+ and a at least a dozen of other apps or widgets. However, I don't have a K4 Note so you might need to try to disable the apps and then enable them back if you get an error. You can always factory reset the phone back to factory settings. Delete or disable apps at your own risk of course.

Regarding stock Android M or Android L, I don't think you can get the stock Android. You may try to enable developer settings to see if there is stock Android option. I don't think there is one, but you can check. My long-term wish for Lenovo is to make the software like stock Android M or L and focus in Lenovo apps like Radio or Camera or Security Zone and give other skins or settings only as optionalities.

Options

19 Posts

07-26-2015

United Arab Emirates

26 Signins

114 Page Views

• Views: 114
  • Message 38 of 104

2016-02-09, 16:46 PM
Actually my vibe z2 Pro and my friends VIBE shot can't be hard reset. The volume up down and power absolutely will not work. So I'm assuming u mean the factory reset button in the settings page of the phone.
Options

1268 Posts

12-05-2014

Germany

1308 Signins

21591 Page Views

• Message 39 of 104

2016-02-10, 5:04 AM

wrote:
Actually my vibe z2 Pro and my friends VIBE shot can't be hard reset. The volume up down and power absolutely will not work. So I'm assuming u mean the factory reset button in the settings page of the phone.

In my terminology, a soft reset is when you just delete the apps from recent apps menu :-) That does basically a very similar thing than a hard reset, which I call when you just reset the device or turn it off and on. Then there is the factory reset, that will basically delete everything and make the device as a new model.

Then there is the volumen up and down and power button reset if nothing works. People usually use that volume and power button reset only when the phone is bricked or does not even start correctly. This type of reset is quite hard to do for me, and I did it a few times.

It must be clicked when the phone is starting up, and to get the right time and click the cases correctly usually takes me 10 minutes of experiminting around. I am not really sure, if it Volume UP and DOWN and Power button (all three) at the same time, or only a subste of it. I just press all I can when the phones is booting and after 10 tries I get there.

Options

14 Posts

02-08-2016

India

41 Signins

306 Page Views

• Message 40 of 104

2016-02-10, 6:19 AM

Hi Guys, I need some help here. I had rooted my k4 note but later decided to unroot it, so I flashed stock ROM . During this flashing process, I had formatted the internal storage completely including bootrom.

After much struggle I managed to unbrick my phone and bring it to life again. I was all set and done but soon realized that the IMEI number of both slots have been wiped out too.

Luckily a couple of days ago I had noted down the IMEI numbers of both slots, so I would like to know how do I reassign IMEI numbers to both Sim slots?

The serial number in about box (under phone status) has too been wiped out and now showing all zeroes. So again like to know how do i recover that serial number or is it gone for good?

Third thing that has happened after flashing stock ROM is that the double tap feature to knock of the light has stopped working? Anyway to get it back?

One good thing that has happened after flashing is that my WiFi connection has become rock solid. Earlier even before rooting with only ota update applied, my WiFi connection was frequently connecting-disconnecting, after the stock ROM flashing it hasn't dropped even once !

Desperately looking for solutions. Thank you in advance.

Regards

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms