Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesK and Vibe Z Series Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

1268 Posts

12-05-2014

Germany

1308 Signins

21591 Page Views

• Views: 21591
  • Message 41 of 104

Re: 10 Reasons Why Not To Root Your Lenovo Phone

2016-02-10, 7:25 AM
That's a good example why not flash or root as things could get messed up. In theory this could void your guarantee, but in practice why don't you try to call the Lenovo Service Center in your country and say you played around with the settings a bit too much trying to fix your wifi and it got messed up and brucked and things wenth south from that moment on. Maybe they could re-install your phone properly as part of warranty if they are kind. The hardware is still good so hopefully it's the software issue.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

Options

2 Posts

02-12-2016

Portugal

11 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 42 of 104

2016-02-12, 18:19 PM

Hello ppl,

I have a K3 Note Model Lenovo K50-T5 Android Version 5.0 Build Number VIBEUI_V2.5_1512_5.495.1_ST_K50-T5.

Fnac.pt is selling them here in Portugal.

1-When the phone starts up never asks for password - Does not matter whether or not is set in the security settings - or if the pin this set or not - never asks - enter the phone just like that.

2-I have a SIM Card with a PIN Number - when the phone starts up does not give me the time to unlock the SIM Card - Sometimes it waits a few seconds and i can put the PIN but 95% of the reboots does not allow. All settings off pin management in the Android are completely ineffective, does not change the behavior of the security screens and so on.

These two security issues make me think that i need to root and flash a Rom ou can i upgrade the VibeUI , is there any System Update in this Rom - There is a warning box to upgrade via system upgrade but cant find a command there for that.

Thanks - João

Options

1268 Posts

12-05-2014

Germany

1308 Signins

21591 Page Views

• Message 43 of 104

2016-02-13, 14:27 PM

wrote:

Hello ppl,

I have a K3 Note Model Lenovo K50-T5 Android Version 5.0 Build Number VIBEUI_V2.5_1512_5.495.1_ST_K50-T5.

Fnac.pt is selling them here in Portugal.

1-When the phone starts up never asks for password - Does not matter whether or not is set in the security settings - or if the pin this set or not - never asks - enter the phone just like that.

2-I have a SIM Card with a PIN Number - when the phone starts up does not give me the time to unlock the SIM Card - Sometimes it waits a few seconds and i can put the PIN but 95% of the reboots does not allow. All settings off pin management in the Android are completely ineffective, does not change the behavior of the security screens and so on.

These two security issues make me think that i need to root and flash a Rom ou can i upgrade the VibeUI , is there any System Update in this Rom - There is a warning box to upgrade via system upgrade but cant find a command there for that.

Thanks - João

This is odd, the build number seems Chinese not international version of the phone. I can't believe they would sell this officially. Lenovo does not sell mobile phones in Portugal.

Does that phone allow you to update it? 

Options

234 Posts

03-18-2015

India

332 Signins

2755 Page Views

• Views: 2755
  • Message 44 of 104

2016-02-14, 15:33 PM
Root if u dont have flagship phone
Options

2016-02-14, 16:45 PM
My friend has a t5 variant, and he rooted using Kingroot. No problems St all.
Options

2 Posts

02-12-2016

Portugal

11 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 46 of 104

2016-02-16, 20:07 PM

Hello Pat_Box,

Thank you for your reply - it is true, Fnac Portugal sell these Lenovo K3 Note in Portugal (via a shop in a shop) and after some research i now understand this is a Chinese Version - It allows to upgrade with Lenovo Smart  Assistent and i DID follow the instructions and now i have Build NUmber VibeUI _V3.0_1604_7.209.1_ST_K50-T5 ANDROID 5.1 - Everything is working fine and this Android is ok, no problem.

But no Google Services and not possible to add as account  in accounts - app does install but does not run - also i am not sure if the app from google apk mirror was the correct one - regarding the processor and hardware - but i think so - the 3 digits etc.

Also the Lenovo Recovery Utility did not allowed to back up the VibeUI original - because in this earlier version the google acounts were ok, youtube, chrome, play store etc - so, i would like to ask you guys if:

1-Is there any option to get back the VibeUI_2.5 - the utility recover wants a update.zip - the other issue i mentioned maybe i can solve with a full reset or something

2-Is there any change to install google services in this VibeUI_3 - that would be nice, because this version is ok, is fluid and with good functionalities and so on.

Because i understand that google services were allowed in VibeUi_2.5

Thanks a lot for your help - joao

Options

1268 Posts

12-05-2014

Germany

1308 Signins

21591 Page Views

• Message 47 of 104

2016-02-17, 16:02 PM
Google is prohibited in China, you won't be able to get any google app. You should not be able to buy a Chinese phones outside of China, it is not made for EU marker. And if you call Lenovo in your country they probably tell you there is no warranty for it.

You could hack the Chinese phone in a way, but that is quite risky and we don't recommend it. You should try xda-delepopers forum who discuss hacking devices and solving a prolme such as yours. Good luck.

Also Google how to get apps from playstore on Chinese mobile, we don't really know as most users here have the non-china version.

Options

7 Posts

01-03-2016

Missouri, USA

11 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 48 of 104

2016-02-18, 0:30 AM

Frankly, it sounds like you updated fine and going back to 2.5 isn't the issue.  The 2.5 you previously had was likely a rom version of 2.5 with the added benefit of Google Play Apps (created by the seller).  I bought a similar K3 from Gearbest and Everybuying, for about $135-150.  I wasn't looking for a warranty just an unlocked phone to pay lower fees.  When you upgraded, like I did, it reverts to the Chinese original UI plus upgrade, plus reinstallation of standard Apps for China.  I like the newer interface and the ability to remove/disable more apps. 

Since they use a different playstore in China, you don't get Google Play, but a Chinese equivalent.  So, if you root the phone you can then add Google Play and disable/remove what you don't need, especially their China updates or disable anything that looks foreign.  See my previous post shown below from 1/20/15 but your experience may be different so consult someone with moderate IT skills.  Follow at your own risk, peril, i.e. don't brick your phone!  However, if you don't speak Chinese, I don't think you'll enjoy their marketplace for apps.  Once you root, you won't be able to get another upgrade unless you do a combination of other things beyond my scope. 

‎01-20-2016 07:24 AM 

My goal was to keep the advanced ROM or version 2.8 and add google play store. I liked two tutorials but I am not an IT guru.  I used this first video How to root and install Google Play Store on Lenovo K3 Note: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0ep3J3bS64

in combination with www.rootjunky.com.

The latter had newer files and the instruction seemed to go well but the reboot kept showing the 2.8 recovery screen, i.e., I didn't see CWM recovery tool when resetting (possibly because he was using 2.5).  Also, the ROM he eventually installs in another video, CYAN 12.1, had an interface I didn't care much for, especially the google search on the main screen.  Of course, you can find all kinds of modifications at needrom.com specific to this phone but I'll play with that the next snowstorm.  You really need some time to decide which modified UI you like.

Anyways, in the first video you add the CWM, then you simply put the SU and gapps file on an SD card, remove everything else, and install zip file from the SD card.  I was suprised how good it worked.  It installed SU then I installed the google play store.  All my other apps, such as youtube, netflix, worked again without showing the error about "not finding google play."  Anyways, I'm using a different music player VLC due to Chinese version but very limited apps now and battery usage is great.  Fast and simple smartphone with nice interface.

Options

1268 Posts

12-05-2014

Germany

1308 Signins

21591 Page Views

• Message 49 of 104

2016-02-18, 4:03 AM
If you manage to keep the Chinese UI and and manage to hack in Google services you are golden!

Interesting that people like the Chinese UI, I am starting to be jealous that I don't have it :-)

I hope you don't mess up your phone in the process if it, that is always the risk, but that's the way things are.

Options

2016-02-18, 16:12 PM
I was finally able to root my a40 variant phone today! Using Kingroot version 4.80. It took a couple of attempts, and it happened quite slowly, but it's done. I've started to remove all the bloatware now.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)