Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesK and Vibe Z Series Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

150 Posts

01-04-2017

India

793 Signins

11352 Page Views

• Views: 11352
  • Message 1 of 21

After reset phone, I can't login to google account.

2017-04-17, 4:57 AM

Hi,

This post will go long but I have a serious problems so giving detailed description. Also,the problems is related to "Google account", not with lenovo itself.

I am in big trouble after I reset lenovo k6 power from a recovery mode ( not from settings - factory reset).The problem is I can't login to my Google account. 

Just 4 months ago I setup this phone with Google account and password.Everything was ok. In March this year, I changed my password and no problem. Yesterday I launched 'recovery mode' to wipe user data.

here what I did.

1. switch OFF phone.

2. press and hold Volume up +      Power button simultaneously.

3. After few seconds, a menu            pop up.

4. pressed "Recovery" option

5. Pressed " language "                     (Eng) option.

6. pressed "wipe user data"

7. Pressed "wipe fused data"

8.switch OFF phone

After completing this process, I login to the same Google account with the latest password which I changed after first Google account set up. Now, Google don't allow me to login with my account. I also verify the same account as directed by Google.Every time Google ask me to login with the owner's account. I am the owner of this phone, not a thief. How can Google not recognizing phone's owner?? This is very frustrating. My phone is almost dead without login. I don't know how to tell Google that I am the owner of the phone.

On other forum I read that user have to wait for 72 hrs because of security reasons but what is the surity that I will be able to login after72 hrs? Even 72 hrs is too long to wait, does Google not aware of it.?This time is full of frustration for owner/user that I am feeling. Does Google clerify on how to verify owner of the phone? I don't know.

My last hope is Lenovo itself, if someone could show me on how to get past Google account. 

Hey lenovo team please help me. I am frustrated by Google not by Lenovo. I am ready to validate my phone. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Options

1337 Posts

12-20-2011

Malaysia

1524 Signins

18366 Page Views

• Views: 18366
  • Message 2 of 21

Re: After reset phone, I can't login to google account.

2017-04-17, 8:56 AM
Since it was a reset at the bootloader, its considered as "non authorized reset". That's why there is a Google validation. You can unlock this by using the Google account which you first registered the phone on. Ensure you can login to that Google account on your desktop or laptop. If you still can't then the only way is to bring the proof of purchase to the service center for them to assist you.

*Non Lenovo employee*

Options

150 Posts

01-04-2017

India

793 Signins

11352 Page Views

• Message 3 of 21

2017-04-17, 15:52 PM

Sorry I have mistakenly marked as solved but it is not.

Options

150 Posts

01-04-2017

India

793 Signins

11352 Page Views

• Message 4 of 21

2017-04-17, 16:09 PM

Ok, if I can login from desktop, will it resolve the problem?? How? So what is the solution?

I am using the same Google account which I used to setup phone. Google refuse to accept this account. Actually this account works on other devices so this account is active. I can check email through this account then why Google not accept on my lenovo.? As you said I should login from laptop, I am sure I can login from pc or laptop because I can login from other Android devices.  

Options

1337 Posts

12-20-2011

Malaysia

1524 Signins

18366 Page Views

• Message 5 of 21

2017-04-18, 1:23 AM
I've unmark it as unsolved.

If you are able to login to the Google account on the PC however you are still unable to login to the phone using that Google account means that account wasn't used to login to the phone the first time. Do try other Google account if you have cause you might have registered the phone with a different Google account the first time.

If all else fails then the only alternative is to bring it to the service center with the proof of purchase for them to assist you.

*Non Lenovo employee*

Options

150 Posts

01-04-2017

India

793 Signins

11352 Page Views

• Message 6 of 21

2017-04-18, 11:50 AM

Now I got a new clue i.e PIN protection and fingerprint protection  may be hindering to access further. What do you say? Yes I have both fingerprint and PIN protection enabled 

Options

6077 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

702 Signins

59767 Page Views

• Views: 59767
  • Message 7 of 21

2017-04-18, 20:44 PM

Hi Himanshu17,

It looks like Google Kill Switch was enabled. Look at this link to enlighten you what happened to your phone. The reason you can't log in is because you have changed your Google password which your device didn't recognize. The phone still recognizes the old password which was first set up to the phone.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/104542

Regards,
Jess
Moto-Lenovo Agent

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

1337 Posts

12-20-2011

Malaysia

1524 Signins

18366 Page Views

• Message 8 of 21

2017-04-19, 5:09 AM
. Are you sure that the device only recognizes the old password? I would assume that the device is checking directly with Google's servers.

, Not related to PIN or fingerprint reader.

*Non Lenovo employee*

Options

150 Posts

01-04-2017

India

793 Signins

11352 Page Views

• Message 9 of 21

2017-04-19, 5:16 AM

Hi,

Thanks @ExJamJus and @MotorolaJess.

I will come back with more information...please keep waching me. I really need your help.

Thanks again.

Options

150 Posts

01-04-2017

India

793 Signins

11352 Page Views

• Message 10 of 21

2017-04-19, 7:54 AM

Hi,

I have a proof that I am  authorized owner of lenovo k6 power on Google Dashboard and also the google account is mine.

I login to the same account to Google dashboard and here I see this information about my lenovo K6 power.

IMEI : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Model Name : lenovo k33a42

Manufacturer : LENOVO

Carrier : Reliance Jio

Last activity seen on : xxxxxxx

Registered date : xxxxxx

My device's information is on Google Dashboard and all the information is correct. If Google dashboard has my device information then why Google refuses to accept my google credentials? Google claims of strong security of android device but Google itself blind about user/owner. Shame on Google.

Is the above proof is not enough of  my identity? 

How can I contact Google and tell I am the owner of Google account and the device?

@MotorolaJess, I have tried passwod suggested by you here is a result

1. I can't login with original password on lenovo k6 power.

2.Google does not allow me to change to old password on lenovo k6 power.

3. I can login from other device with latest password.

4. Google does not allow me to login with latest password on lenovo k6 power.

Meanwhile, I also deleted backup of lenovo k6 power from Google dashboard thinking that this might wipe device's data. Now all the device's backup are deleted but device information is still there that I mention above.

Also, I erase device data from Android Device Manager thinking this would erase Google account data from the device and Phone would be fresh. Login problem is still there.

Is there any solution from Lenovo side? Can I validate my identity to Lenovo on its website?

Please help its very urgent.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms