Did you mean: 
Highlighted
zazz
Punch Card
Views: 21,476
Message 1 of 817

HELP.. I bricked my new Chinese Lenovo K920 Pro

Hi,

Im working in China and had to buy a new phone. Well in my hand i realized that it had no google or gmail etc. I search on internet for ROM and flashed it..... Now it stops at the logo and nothing else. I can access Factory menu and Lenovo Recover (Strange name as you cant recover anything, just update and wipe)

When running ABD Devices, it show "? unautorized" so i get stuck there.

Any ideas how to get this phone up and running again, preferable with Googles sytem???

Thanks,

Z

hotgranny
Blue Screen Again
Views: 21,384
Message 2 of 817

Re: HELP.. I bricked my new Chinese Lenovo K920 Pro

I have a chinese K920 here in USA with no google.  How to update?

zazz
Punch Card
Views: 21,355
Message 3 of 817

I managed to let my phone communicate with QPST. I was able to make a full NV Backup from my phone. But if I'm trying to download the boot image to my phone it makes a NV Backup, following by restarting my phone into download mode. But nothing happens, it just restarts my phone saying "Couldn't Change Phone to Download Mode" and 15 different parrtions pops-up from the phone... Any ideas?

zazz
Punch Card
Views: 21,343
Message 4 of 817

I SOLVED IT....... Except that the both SIM-card shows a red X.. but everything else seems, camera, GPS, WiFi to work AND it has GOODLE PLAY etc now.. Anyone know how to make the phone to work again?

I have tried ABD, Fastboot, TWRP, MiFlash, QPST,  and nothing worked except following this instruction

I used the files in the Bin-folder of K920_ROW_S126_140825_user_1408251128

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Phones/Lenovo-K910-Vibe-Z-bricked/m-p/1611710#M6838

hotgranny
Blue Screen Again
Views: 21,340
Message 5 of 817

zazz
Punch Card
Views: 21,331
Message 6 of 817

Flashed back to the Chinese version and the SIM-cards works again... Any idea why the SIM-cards stops to work on the ROW rom?????

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 21,327
Message 7 of 817

Hi

You flashed a ROW (REST OF THE WORLD) international firmware on the Chinese K920 version.Probably that's the reason you don't have any GSM signal.

Try flashing a Chinese firmware > http://bbs.lenovo.com/vibez2pro/?filter=typeid&typeid=2654 (use Chrome & Google translate)

General Chinese discussion on the model > http://bbs.lenovo.com/vibez2pro/

You mentioned that you are currently in China.As a last resort go to a local Lenovo service center.

I'm speaking in general...Don't actually have a K920

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as ''ACCEPT AS SOLUTION"
Unsolicited PM's will not be answered! ....Please post your question/s in the appropriate forum board.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
hotgranny
Blue Screen Again
Views: 21,307
Message 8 of 817

I have no idea why.  But it is frustrating isn't it.  I just paid $900 on dhgate.com for a K920.  I live in the USA and the seller shipped me the China Mobile one.  I put the SIM in and it worked but I get no google play and lots of apps that are in a different language that I cannot even read.  So the phone is pretty much unusuable to me.

I feel this is the seller's fault since he knows where he shipped the phone and should assume what kind of phone I would need.

I am not going to play with it anymore in fear of bricking the phone.  I am just going to seek a refund or return for the right phone.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 21,297
Message 9 of 817

hotgranny,

You should contact the seller as this K920 is only sold in China Mainland(without GMS). If you are not in China, you should buy a ROW(rest of the world) version. 

zazz
Punch Card
Views: 21,290
Message 10 of 817

I doubt that that ROW means Rest Of  the World as it only has east european, arabic and asian languages installed except for English.

And as for the Chinese seller, he has no clue what so ever what Google is as all Google services are forbidden and blocked here in China as well as Facebook etc. The only way to reach it is via VPN, and even that is is tricky.... In Hong Kong it is a different game as they are using the same Google systems as we do.

All you out there with a Chinese K920, Help me to research the net so we can get SIM/ radi-trmsmitter to work... The rest works just fine now...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors