cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kianvl
SCSI Port
Views: 847
Message 11 of 135

Re: HELP! Lenovo Z6 Pro, a scam? Benchmark results down the drain.

Hello Chaina,

Thank you so much for you detailed information on this. Could you let me know where you managed to get your Chinese / English ROM from? Also please add a small installation note on how you overwrote your Global rom to Chinese / English. I run my phone in English anyways so I would be more than happy to test this out and finally receive good benchmarks and great performance.
I'm fairly experienced in phone customization; rooting, flashing, etc so I'm definitely not asking for a tutorial but some guidelines in the right direction would be amazing.

Thank you so much, this gives me a lot of hope.

Best regards,

Kian
Highlighted
Chaina
SCSI Port
Views: 835
Message 12 of 135

hey, look here:

google for: boycracked   flash   firmware    z6pro

and here:

https://club.lenovo.com.cn/thread-5557546-1-1.html

(if your chinese is a bit rusty,....google translate is very useful Smiley Wink )....you should be able to log in there with your existing lenovo account to view and post there to get download access) btw i can speak a bit of chinese, and i did not find anything about a global rom in the official lenovo z6 forums....)

google for:  mirrors      lolinet    com      firmware    lenovo

good luck and let me know about your results.

kianvl
SCSI Port
Views: 833
Message 13 of 135

Hey Chaina,

Thank you SO much for your swift follow-up.

I will try it out right away! You're amazing!

Best regards,

Kian

Chaina
SCSI Port
Views: 827
Message 14 of 135

btw, when you are done, you can download google play store from the lenovo appstore Smiley Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPqvVAXRa2I

found this video very useful to see the original rom in work, and the difference to the socalled global rom

PcM_2019
Fanfold Paper
Views: 765
Message 15 of 135

Hi Chaina, thanks for all the info. I'm also tempted to try the Chinese ROM because the "Global" one is laggy and lacks features. But the Chinese ROM also has things I don't like:

1. How many bloatware (Chinese apps) are installed? Can you uninstall them?

2. I read on these forums that app notifications don't work properly. Do you receive notifications from Whatsapp, Facebook, Messenger, Instagram etc?

Thanks

Chaina
SCSI Port
Views: 761
Message 16 of 135

-not many, you get asked at the beginning if you want to install several apps...(QQchat, Wechat, WeiBo, etc) you can uninstall all bloatware apps and you even can uninstall some of the ZUI apps (Calender,Calculator, etc).

-so far i get notifications...on locked screen and on widgets and even home screen...(but did not test this completely...there are so many settings...

-actually you also can log in with your lenovo account when you want to use the main account of the phone

-some ZUI apps are really nice: U Health, Security...

-the lenovo APP Store is more up to date than google play store...you receive newer versions of some apps

Chaina
SCSI Port
Views: 753
Message 17 of 135

Next CHN / ENG ROM update:

Applicable models: Lenovo Z6 Pro (L78051) 
target version: stable version 
basic version:
 stable version 11.0.542 
upgrade package size: 207.19 Mb

PcM_2019
Fanfold Paper
Views: 738
Message 18 of 135

Did you receive another update already? Smiley Happy What's the change log?
kianvl
SCSI Port
Views: 718
Message 19 of 135

Ok so I decided to give this a shot. I'm preparing everything right now. I will also document it for future purposes. I'm looking into pulling my stock firmware from my phone so that I can flash this one over the CH ROM whenever I feel like going back. Could come in handy when I need a warranty or something. I'll keep you guys posted on the process and will create a tutorial as soon as I managed to get my CH ROM working accordingly. Speak soon!

Best regards,

Kian
Chaina
SCSI Port
Views: 693
Message 20 of 135

Heal all,

Lenovo Z6 Pro ZUI_11.0.575 stable version:

This update mainly optimizes the experience and improves system stability. System optimization repairs the occasional automatic timing error; optimizes the camera stability and camera effects; optimizes the occasional double-click screen to not brighten the screen; optimizes the U-touch side sliding insensitive problem; repairs the occasional missed call status display error Problem;Fixing fast motion when shooting a video and the specific scene cannot focus. 

to kianvl:

Good luck with it, you easily should do it, if you encounter any problems i will try to help. Really good idea to backup the global ROM. Smiley Wink

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors