cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 3,102
Message 21 of 178

Re: HELP! Lenovo Z6 Pro, a scam? Benchmark results down the drain.

Anyone who is interested in flashing to CHN / ENG ROM from Global ROM should go to forum XDA developers and search for

"rom lenovo z6 pro l76051 qpst edl"

good guide!

best regards

Highlighted
kianvl
SCSI Port
Views: 3,046
Message 22 of 178

Guide for Lenovo Z6 Pro CH/ENG ROM flash (BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST COMPARED TO GLOBAL ROM)

First of all, some info

Okay guys, I’ve been struggling with this a few hours myself. I am by no means a professional. I think it’s safe to say I’m an amateur who had messed around with Android phones in the past.

As all of you may have noticed; the graphical performance and actually the general performance of the global ROM is really horrible for the Lenovo Z6 Pro. I couldn’t live with the fact that my benchmarks sucked and I felt like my phone wasn’t providing me its full potential. After opening an official Lenovo forum some amazing people from the community pointed me in the right direction. Thanks Chaina and PcM_2019 for your amazing input!

The reason for this bad performance has to do with the Global ROM itself. It’s simply poorly optimized right now and received barely any updates. I expect that in the future it will receive updates accordingly but as of right now it’s better to move over to the Chinese / English ROM.

Keep in mind there will be some Chinese apps and no Google Play in this ROM. You can add Google Play and delete most of the apps in case you’d like it better that way.

Time for the tutorial

MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA, THIS IS A TUTORIAL FOR FLASHING DIFFERENT FIRMWARE FOR YOUR DEVICE AND IT WILL RESULT IN LOSING ALL YOUR DATA. Backup all data you wish to keep. Of course I cannot be held responsible for the loss of your data.

You will need a windows computer and a USB-C data cable.

Your explorer should look like the attached image. Check this before you can start.

• We start off with the ROM. It’s a ZIP file, get 7zip or other archiving software to extract it.
  • Install the HS-USB driver – keep pressing next, don’t change anything.
  • Exctract and Install QFil. After the installation you can find the program in start by searching for “QFil”.
  • Place the extracted ROM folder in the following installation path of QFil for avoiding potential issues in the flashing process. The path should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin. Just drop the entire folder in the bin.
  • You’re now ready for the real deal. Time to flash your device! Open QFil (search QFil in start) and follow these steps.
  1. Open the configuration tab, click Firehose configuration and change device type from eMMC to UFS. Also “turn Reset After Download” on. Now press “OK”.
  2. Now click “load content” Navigate to the path where you placed the new firmware, the path should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\L78051_CN_SECURE_USER_Q00745.01_P_ZUI_11.0.483_ST_190511_qpst and open the XML document “contents”. After this the Programmer path should be automatically filled in.
  3. Now open developer options on your phone and turn on USB debugging and OEM unlocking. Change default USB configuration to File Transfer.
  4. After this you can turn off your phone. When the phone is turned down completely we will now boot it into flash mode. Hold down the two volume buttons together and plug-in your USB-C data cable which is connected to your PC. QFil should now recognize your device as a COM port. The port should be automatically selected. If that’s not the case, then select port manually. You can now press the blue “Download Content” button.
  5. That’s it. Your phone should now be flashed with your selected firmware.

Troubleshooting

- If you were to run into problems, don’t worry you can always boot your phone normally again by holding down the power button for 10 seconds after having entered the flash mode. No damage will be done.

- If QFIL gives Sahara error, go to device manager and update your COMM port drivers. Let Windows select the correct drivers automatically. Enter flash mode again and try the procedure again.

- If it turns out the Sahara error is not fixed after a few attempts you could save a lot of time by using another computer, install everything on there again by following this tutorial and try it again.

- If something is unclear, or you keep running into problems, let me know and I’ll try to help you to the best of my ability.

Special credits to Chaina

Sources:

https://boycracked.com/2019/07/07/guides-unbricking-flash-firmware-lenovo-z6-pro-l78051/

https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/lenovo/l78051/

https://www.androidbrick.com/download/download-latest-qualcomm-flasher-qfil-qpst-2-7-460/

RodrigoMD
Paper Tape
Views: 2,997
Message 23 of 178

After did u Made this, did u get the 360 000 Score of AnTuTu benchmark that it supposed to have?

kianvl
SCSI Port
Views: 2,995
Message 24 of 178

Yes of course, I decided to make a tutorial on it so others can enjoy higher AnTuTu benchmark score and performance also. Good luck with it if you decide to give it a shot!

BenjieB
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,967
Message 25 of 178

Hi all,

I am in France, and it seem I cannot fully access the links on club.lenovo website.

I think I am missing a contact phone number on my account there... but it doesn't accept French numbers. How did you guys to it ?

Thanks

PcM_2019
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,952
Message 26 of 178

@kianvl
Did you manage to backup your Global ROM? I'd like to do that too before installing Chinese ROM.
Thanks
kianvl
SCSI Port
Views: 2,945
Message 27 of 178

Hey PcM,

Sadly I did not manage to get the Global ROM backed up. I had the right tools ready to pull an image of the Global ROM but I needed to get into super SU, ROOT  and custom bootloader in order to get this done. Since there's literally no good documentation online and no custom recovery available such as TWRP for the Z6 Pro yet I decided to wait it out. I still have another Z6 Pro which has the stock Global Rom on it. That way I can still fetch the Global ROM if need be.

Best regards,

Kian

kianvl
SCSI Port
Views: 2,943
Message 28 of 178

Hello Benjie,

I had the same issue, there's a way to log in with e-mail address and password. You'll have to click an option when you're prompted to fill in the phone number to get to this screen though. Try it out and let us know!

Best regards,

Kian

BenjieB
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,935
Message 29 of 178

Hi Kian,

Thanks for your message.

I could log in with email and password; but for some reason there is still a need to have a registered phone number in order to see download links or some parts of the posts.

See on this screenshot

kianvl
SCSI Port
Views: 2,929
Message 30 of 178

Hello Benjie,

Mhmm, that's rather awkward! I don't really use Club Lenovo all that much. What are you exactly trying to do over there? What download are you trying to get? You're trying to download the CH ROM? I can provide a different link to it if that's the case. I also suggest you open the site with google chrome so you can translate all the Chinese to English, that could help you understand most of it I hope Smiley Happy

Best regards,

Kian

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors