cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kianvl
SCSI Port
Views: 4,204
Message 1 of 188

HELP! Lenovo Z6 Pro, a scam? Benchmark results down the drain.

Hello everyone,

I hope it's not a problem to post this over here. I think this is the most suitable forum to ask this question.

Today I've received my newly ordered Lenovo Z6 Pro Global Rom 8GB 128GB version. I've ordered it from the official Lenovo store on Aliexpress as they had a great deal and I just couldn't go another year with my good ol' Samsung S5.

All went well, the delivery took a while but I remained patient. Today the device got delivered, but here is where things started to go wrong.

I've noticed people reporting in the review section that they noticed very bad Antutu benchmark results. Worse than SD845 for example.

It kind of concerned me, which is why I decided to test the phone the day I had it in my hands. Turns out my device is also faulty. As well as my father’s which arrived the same day. This kind of gives me the feeling this is not a defect. It would be an incredible coincidence to have two defects at the same time, no?

I've been doing 5-6 hours of extensive searching of what could be the cause of this but I just can’t get  a grip of the potential issue there could be.

The weird part about this is that the processor itself has great results. The benchmark clearly shows that too, but as soon as any graphical load is put on the chip, it starts lagging out like mad. You will also notice in the added pictures that the purple (GPU) score is much less than it is supposed to be. I wanted that confirmed, so tried out geekbench. I was happy with it's results as this benchmark is only CPU related. I decided to double confirm and looked for another graphical phone benchmark, which turned out to be 3Dmark.

This is where it starts to get funny. 3Dmark claims that the Lenovo Z6 Pro gets an overall score of 5623 on that test. My device however only manages to reach a sad and incredibly dissapointing 661. To top that off, the benchmark is literally frame after frame, it is not even smooth at all.

The phone actually provides a very smooth user experience but whenever something graphical demanding kicks in, the phone is lost. It starts lagging so bad that it reminds me of my prebuilt gaming pc when I launched crisis 10 years ago (just kidding).

Anyways, if anyone has the knowledge to aid me in trying to resolve this issue, please, I beg you. I really wish that I don't need to return the phone in order to get this issue fixed. If at the end this does seem the only option, I'm afraid that's what will have to happen.

Everything is incredibly amazing. The phone is really great and a blast, especially when you're used to working on a Samsung S5. BUT this graphical issue now spooks my mind and I just can't let loose until I know what is causing this problem.

I've tried different versions of antutu benchmark (newer ones than currently available in Playstore) to rule out that it could be software dependant but the issue persists.

This is a serious cry for help.

PS: because I was only able to add one picture I added links to IMGUR for the other pictures that I'd like to share.

The Antutu benchmark in where the GPU performance issue is clearly visualized is attached.

https://imgur.com/a/13eyDUe (3Dmark Benchmark)

https://imgur.com/a/AHRpNsJ (Aliexpress, other people's reviews)

Best regards,

Kian Van Landeghem

krisz2509
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,117
Message 2 of 188

Re: Lenovo Z6 Pro, a scam? Benchmark results down the drain.

Which version do You have?

kianvl
SCSI Port
Views: 4,106
Message 3 of 188

Lenovo L78051 (Z6 PRO) 8GB + 128GB Black Global ROM

According to the box:
MO#: YD9Y89612H4P

EAN(barcode): 6938963662109

I hope this is of any help.
krisz2509
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,065
Message 4 of 188

PcM_2019
Punch Card
Views: 4,033
Message 5 of 188

Hi,

Unfortunately like many Chinese phones the ROM are poor: the Chinese version has problems with apps notifications (from what I read) and the Global ROM has missing features and graphical slowdowns which are visible in games and benchmarks. What I did with my Lenovo (Global): I activated "Force GPU rendering" and especialy "Disable HW overlays" in Developer options. It reduced the glitches a lot, improved the benchmarks scores and for me it seemed to improve camera stability (camera app crased a few times before).

Good luck!

kianvl
SCSI Port
Views: 4,026
Message 6 of 188

Hello PcM,

First of all. Thank you very much for your detailled explanation on this regard. Following your instructions indeed had a positive effect on benchmark results and overall performance (the stutter is gone which is an amazing improvement so far). It isn't yet what it is supposed to be but Antutu benchmark clearly  performs a whole lot better. Disabling the HW overlays will ridden the stutter for the most part. I presume activating force GPU rendering improves the general performance of the GPU.

Thanks again for your amazing input. This gives me hope that this can be fixed in the future by software updates. I do however don't understand why the factories would mass ship a new cellphone that isn't working at full potential and what role the global ROM plays part in this. I will continue to investigate and attempt to further improve the phone's performance.

Additional feedback about this case is most welcome.

Best regards,

Kian Van Landeghem

krisz2509
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,017
Message 7 of 188

Thanks very much !!!

kianvl
SCSI Port
Views: 3,826
Message 8 of 188

Hi,

How much did your benchmark improve?

My GPU performance is still far from what it should be so I'm still trying to figure this out.

Best regards,

Kian

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 3,787
Message 9 of 188

Re: HELP! Lenovo Z6 Pro, a scam? Benchmark results down the drain.

I also got my global rom version yesterday, and i dont believe this is the real deal, i just switched to chinese / english rom.

There came three updates immeditaly, the next is on the go! On the global rom are so many missing features, performance is so poor:

Example: You get Vlogger mode for camera. 

I got the same results as in the first post, after switching to chn / eng rom i got placed nearly on first place in ranking......i mean, **bleep**,....! If there will be a stable global rom once i will switch back to it, right now i stay with chn / eng rom...btw its no problem to use chn / eng rom. you can switch language in nearly every app to your likings...and you can add every launcher in google play store. 

best example: if you swipe in 4D mode to get all open apps overview, in global rom version its laggy as hell, in chn / eng its so smooth. 

(3D MARK results: SlingShot Extreme OpenGL ES 3.1 5816 points; Antutu: 363427)

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 3,787
Message 10 of 188

Re: HELP! Lenovo Z6 Pro, a scam? Benchmark results down the drain.

I also got my global rom version yesterday, and i dont believe this is the real deal, i just switched to chinese / english rom.

There came three updates immeditaly, the next is on the go! On the global rom are so many missing features, performance is so poor:

Example: You get Vlogger mode for camera. 

I got the same results as in the first post, after switching to chn / eng rom i got placed nearly on first place in ranking......i mean, come on,....! If there will be a stable global rom once i will switch back to it, right now i stay with chn / eng rom...btw its no problem to use chn / eng rom. you can switch language in nearly every app to your likings...and you can add every launcher in google play store. 

best example: if you swipe in 4D mode to get all open apps overview, in global rom version its laggy as hell, in chn / eng its so smooth. 

(3D MARK results: SlingShot Extreme OpenGL ES 3.1 5816 points; Antutu: 363427)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors