Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesK and Vibe Z Series Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

07-01-2017

Spain

8 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 1 of 1

I need help to decide if I buy the Lenovo K6 (ADVANCED QUESTIONS)

2017-07-01, 21:28 PM

Hello

I need help buying this phone and before spending almost 200 bucks that it costs, I would like to listen someone from  Lenovo or an expert user that could reply, please, to my questions.

1. How many internal memory has this phone?
There are many manufacturers who make a TRICK when selling their phones. They advertise 16GB or 32GB ... but ... that it's a lie. Those 16 GB are partitioned into 2 partitions, one for applications and one for data. The apps partition only have 2 GB and the data 14 GB. The result is a phone that only has 2 GB of internal space to install applications and after 3 months of use you have to waste it because it is full and can not receive updates from Google Play.

I would like to ask how much memory has this device? Those 16 GB are in a single partition for applications and data? Or probably this phone has 2 partitions, and one is only for applications with a limited space?

2. In case a terrible virus like the Triada infects this device may the user flash it at home, easily?

There is a virus that is circulating in the Android devices, I am talking about the terrible Triada virus. This virus, becomes ROOT, and finally infect the ROM of the Android devices. Even if the device is not ROOT, the virus knows how to become root. Let's imagine my K6 is infected with a Triada. The antiviruses can not remove it. In that case the only possible solution is to flash it, returning factory values ​​does not work, the only solution is a Flash.

In case this happens, can the user flash the device easily at home? Or should the user send it to a Lenovo technical service?
Does Lenovo offer the ROM from this device to users, in case they want to flash the phone themselves or in a computer store?

3. It is said that this mobile has a safe zone for applications, but they do not explain it clearly.
What is means exactly? Would it prevent possible infections?

4. Is the Android 6.0 on this device secure or has it a certificate of universal access?

There are manufacturers of mobile phones that mount Androids that have an universal access certificate. The result is that they are a VIRUS COLLECTOR. Just browsing the internet a bit, you see some publicity, and finally the phone gets seriously infected, to such a point that the virus gets into the ROM.

Androids with universal access certificates are a VIRUS COLLECTOR according to Android antiviruses.

The Android 6.0 in this device is safe? or does it has an universal access certificate?

I would like to learn about these questions from someone who knows this phone well.

If someone from Lenovo could help, would be grate, because the questions I ask are very technical.

If someone who is not from Lenovo knows how to answer the doubts I have, then I also would really appreciate that help.

Cheers

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms