Options

1 Posts

03-25-2016

IN

5 Signins

111 Page Views

• Views: 111
  • Message 11 of 15

Re: K4 note contact manager - hangs and memory usage keeps increasing after restsrt

2016-03-25, 18:06 PM

Very very disappointed .. you are only copy it n past to all customer who hav same problem but this not solution il.. i request team Lenovo to resolve contact manager problem or else return defected product or else we ill contact consumer court for this ...reply must lenovo

Options

7 Posts

03-17-2016

Chennai

13 Signins

124 Page Views

• Views: 124
  • Message 12 of 15

Re: K4 note contact manager - hangs and memory usage keeps increasing after restsrt

2016-03-27, 13:54 PM

I found the solution which is working fine for the last 3 days but it involves saving your contacts in phone memory...  I had to do it because I did not have any other option..  I took a backup of all the contacts that I have..  exported that to an Excel and converted into VCF format....  I deleted all the contacts I had in the simulator and phone...  I used an app which converts that excel file into contacts and that app itself will write them into the phone memory in VCF format. .  I turned off the contacts sync in Gmail... Contacts to display will be just phone.... 

the apps that I have used 'contacts to excel',  'excel to contacts'

Options

147 Posts

02-13-2016

IN

135 Signins

1744 Page Views

• Views: 1744
  • Message 13 of 15

2016-03-27, 14:52 PM

wrote:

I found the solution which is working fine for the last 3 days but it involves saving your contacts in phone memory...  I had to do it because I did not have any other option..  I took a backup of all the contacts that I have..  exported that to an Excel and converted into VCF format....  I deleted all the contacts I had in the simulator and phone...  I used an app which converts that excel file into contacts and that app itself will write them into the phone memory in VCF format. .  I turned off the contacts sync in Gmail... Contacts to display will be just phone.... 

the apps that I have used 'contacts to excel',  'excel to contacts'

That is a workaround. We know that. But then it is not a "Smartphone" more of a "FeaturePhone"

Options

7 Posts

03-17-2016

Chennai

13 Signins

124 Page Views

• Views: 124
  • Message 14 of 15

2016-03-27, 15:01 PM

OK it's a workaround...  At least I found it... If you want you can try or keep the phone as it is and don't call it a smartphone... 

Options

1 Posts

04-05-2016

AU

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 15 of 15

2016-04-09, 3:41 AM

Had big time issues with contact manager on my K4. Yesterday removed Maceffe antivirus seems like problem solved so far satisfied. Try your luck. I replaced that with CM security which I was using on my HTC M7 never had any issues.

Admin note; post merged in, subject edited.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete