Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TanH
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,614
Message 1 of 9

K4 note lacking software abilities

Hi I purchased the K4 note from Amazon.

After using for almont 20 days, I feel that its an amazing phone but however lacking a bit in the software part.

(1) Lenovo should allow user to save more than two fingerprints. Also, there should be defult app locker from lenovo that can use the fingerprint scanner. PLEASE provide this feature in next update

(2) Lacks customization options : If you consider the UI of some other cell phone compaies, say MI ASUs etc.., they offers tons of customization in terms of themes, icons, font and so on.. Along with features of hiding, locking apps, creating folders in app drawer. I would like to enjoy the same previlages in my K4 note as well. Please have a look at these issues

abhis3k
Token Ring
Views: 3,495
Message 2 of 9

Re: K4 note lacking software abilities

I have some news that in Android M update, which is still being worked on, there is plan to support 5 fingerprints, but no plan to support AppLock feature with fingerprint. But with Android M api, 3rd party apps might work.

Customization are personal preferences. I prefer stock Android over skins anyday, and every company haa plans for their custom skins. That can be only be confirmed by OEMs
TanH
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,483
Message 3 of 9

I agree, cusmizations are personal choice. But anyway Lenovo is providing the customized Vibe UI, so I guess they should have added other customazation features as well with many more themes, icons packs etc.. These are common thing these days ou can find in ASUS, MI phones for instance.

And I'm really dissapointed with the fact that the 3rd party apps cant use the fp scanner!!

abhis3k
Token Ring
Views: 3,472
Message 4 of 9

As per my understanding, 3rd party apps need a API to access the FP scanner, and there is no native API in 5.x

It can only be supported by 3rd party apps when 6.x is available for A7010a48, maybe in Q2 2016
TanH
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,462
Message 5 of 9

Oh I see. But I  found this is not the case for samsung devices.. do you know the reason ?

mvn007
Punch Card
Views: 3,432
Message 6 of 9

@abhis3k

I have a Coolpad Note 3 which runs on Android 5.1.1 and having the facility to lock applications with FP scanner 

It is not a andoid issue may be Lenovo to modify their software to accommodate the same.

abhis3k
Token Ring
Views: 3,342
Message 7 of 9

It is an Android issue. Till android 5.x to use a fingerprint scanner, a custom api needs to use. Coolpad made a api for FP and also created FPlock app.
Samsung also did the same but they released part of API so people can use them to make apps.
Nexus supports native Android M api so most FP lock apps only support Samsung and Nexus and probably other M based phones.
Even coolpad FPLock can be used with only stock launcher because the api is limited and not released.
For the same reason oneplus 2, which uses a custom api in 5.x are moving to native android M api in 6.x
That is why till we get android M 3rd party apps can't support API, they just dont have the syscall to do so.
And i suppose Lenovo won't be releasing their API so lets wait for android M
the_king
What's DOS?
Views: 2,989
Message 8 of 9

It is because Samsung has its own APIs, and do do many other companies. These work only with their phones.

Mehulgupta462
Paper Tape
Views: 3,019
Message 9 of 9

1. Fingerprint applock

2.Remote control app for televisions

3. Message like i m getting smarter everyday when we shut down mobile.

4. Smart Manager(Antivirus like clean master.

5. Volte compatibility

And more improvements can be done in k4 note

It is a good phone but you can maje it more better.

So this is in your hand

Admin note; post merged in, subject edited.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors