12-05-2014

DE

1307 Signins

21566 Page Views

• Views: 21566
  • Message 31 of 68

Re: K4 note marshmallow???

2016-03-28, 14:52 PM

For the update dates, just follow the Lenovo update matrix, and right now not much information is there. Unless it is in the matrix, there will not be any offical confirmation of the update date:

https://support.lenovo.com/my/en/documents/ht101396

From previous experience, the later you get the update the better it will be as the newest releases will still potentially have some issues, that will later be tacked. I would not worry too much about this, you never want to be the first phone to be updated.

Regarding the Android M itself, Lenovo Vibe UI already has most if not all of the features that are implemented by google in Android M. I did not look at it myself yet, but in my view the Android M update will be very google-like so don't expet too many extra features.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

Options

25 Posts

02-06-2016

Mumbai

66 Signins

791 Page Views

• Views: 791
  • Message 32 of 68

2016-03-28, 15:35 PM

Dear Lenovo Team

I would Request you to please Publish Standalone Installer For Marshmallow Once it will be released for Public.

You may also please Send us Download link For existing Latest Standalone installer if any available with lenovo for K4 Note A7020a48.

Moderator comment: Merged in. Subject edited.

Options

147 Posts

02-13-2016

IN

135 Signins

1744 Page Views

• Views: 1744
  • Message 33 of 68

2016-03-28, 18:43 PM

wrote:
Regarding the Android M itself, Lenovo Vibe UI already has most if not all of the features that are implemented by google in Android M. I did not look at it myself yet, but in my view the Android M update will be very google-like so don't expet too many extra features.

Sorry, then you are very much mis-informed.

Native FP support and Doze are the most important features, which enables many other functions. You can not just deny the inherent development in a major release with VibeUI. It is not MIUI and has more bugs and less features in every way,

Lenovo has not provided any FP AppLock so we are very much depenedent on M which enables 3rd party app support for the same. This has already been confirmed by the leaked S202/S203 rom versions. Please check thoroughly before you can comment on the same.

Options

1268 Posts

12-05-2014

DE

1307 Signins

21566 Page Views

• Views: 21566
  • Message 34 of 68

2016-03-29, 8:24 AM

Native FP support and Doze are the most important features, which enables many other functions. You can not just deny the inherent development in a major release with VibeUI. It is not MIUI and has more bugs and less features in every way.

Lenovo has not provided any FP AppLock so we are very much depenedent on M which enables 3rd party app support for the same. This has already been confirmed by the leaked S202/S203 rom versions. Please check thoroughly before you can comment on the same.

There will be an update to Android M guaranteed as per the matrix (even google now released a new Android N which is messign up things), the dates are not yet set yet. All phones get at least 1 major update for around 18 months. 

As a user, I believe, after the integration with Motorola, the general trend will be to make Vibe UI not very different from stock Android. That has its key advantages in faster updates, rather then develping a new version Vibe UI every 10 months, as Google is releasing a new Andorid every year or even shorter. That does not leave enough time for a complete development of new Vibe UI and makes the system vulnerable to bugs and takes lot of resources for bug fixes.

Many users are always very excited about getting a new Android features as fast as possible, rather then asking for any changes in Vibe UI. Many times the new Android version makes the specific features in Vibe UI obsolete or requires a lot of time to reprogram them which could lead to bugs given that there is a new Android every 12 months.

As a users, I think that the goal now should be to give the users a stock-like andorid as fast as possible and focus more of the development work on developing Lenovo apps (camera, e-mail, FM radio with station-name recognition) and some useful skins or themese for those who like to have a Vibe UI skin rather than the stock skin.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

Options

1 Posts

04-10-2016

PT

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 35 of 68

2016-04-10, 22:49 PM

As title, i'm planning in getting a K4 Note and I wanted to know if there is planned any update for the K4 Note to Android 6.0 Marshmallow...

Thanks in advance :)

David

Admin note; post merged in, subject edited.

Options

14 Posts

03-04-2016

Delhi

17 Signins

242 Page Views

• Views: 242
  • Message 36 of 68

2016-04-13, 4:11 AM

When lenovo k4 note will be updated Marshmallow ???

Admin note; post merged in, subject edited.

Options

5 Posts

04-16-2016

ID

6 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 37 of 68

2016-04-16, 3:33 AM

You can now.

But it is only for A7010a48 S152. I've updated my phone, problems are RAM management a bit used more (less free ram a little), recent work find, but the lock picture messed up. Notification sometimes shutter lag. I can only synce 1 account so far, can't 2 account. You can now also use SD card as your internal.

Btw it is 1,39 GB. Make sure to move it to SD card.

You just need to go to recover by pressing all the volume button + power button for a few seconds. Just update the zip in there. It'll take a while. My phone's loading stopped at 72% and it continue again, so don't worry. 

[Link to unofficial build removed by Moderator.]

Options

36 Posts

03-29-2016

US

53 Signins

896 Page Views

• Views: 896
  • Message 38 of 68

2016-04-21, 18:59 PM

wrote:

You can now.

But it is only for A7010a48 S152. I've updated my phone, problems are RAM management a bit used more (less free ram a little), recent work find, but the lock picture messed up. Notification sometimes shutter lag. I can only synce 1 account so far, can't 2 account. You can now also use SD card as your internal.

Btw it is 1,39 GB. Make sure to move it to SD card.

You just need to go to recover by pressing all the volume button + power button for a few seconds. Just update the zip in there. It'll take a while. My phone's loading stopped at 72% and it continue again, so don't worry.

That's another beta build, I'd advise not to install that. Better wait for a bit longer to avoid issues and complaints regarding the pending fixes.

Options

5 Posts

04-16-2016

ID

6 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 39 of 68

2016-04-22, 7:11 AM

Yep. It still has a lot of bugs. But this is still better than lollipop. The interface are way better, especially setting's interface. I enjoyed the update, and don't care much about bugs in overall.

By the way, they said there's a stable marshmallow update (S206), do you know where to get it?

Also, are there any way to get myself back to lollipop without root? 

Thanks.

Options

36 Posts

03-29-2016

US

53 Signins

896 Page Views

• Views: 896
  • Message 40 of 68

2016-04-22, 7:24 AM

There are no stable builds yet. Tbh, I don't trust this unknown source leaking so-called "beta test" builds. Those links don't look like they're from Lenovo, although, I could be wrong. Anyway, I'd still refrain from installing those builds.

Lollipop is pretty stable and there aren't any bugs that are tempting people to upgrade. It's just impatience.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete