03-28-2017

IN

95 Signins

1422 Page Views

• Views: 1422
  • Message 1 of 1

LMSA breaks my VoLTE calling on K6 Power

2018-06-27, 16:02 PM

Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant. Wow. Such a great software. Applauds to all the designers who work so hard to design & maintain it. I've time & again & again made posts to explain how LMSA is such a crappy software.

First, let me share some experiences from version 3.2.0.9, the version I've tried the most. First, it never showed the lists of phones, so nobody could use it to update or flash their devices. A flash tool that cannot flash.

A few months earlier, I somehow was successful in flashing my phone. It offered only Marshmallow as Rescue option (flashing), even though the latest should be Nougat. Yeah, the flash was successful, but it broke my VoLTE. I thought it must be my fault, but soon realised Lenovo supplies crappy ROM through its own software, carelessness at its peak! It was fixed only when I visited the Lenovo-Motorola Service Centre, and they flashed it, with some tool they didn't want to tell me it's name of, and VoLTE was back like magic.

Today, more than 6 months after that incident, I've installed the latest LMSA (probably 3.5.0.12) and gosh I can't believe these guys still offer the same crappy Marshmallow build as the only flash option, and it still breaks the VoLTE!!! Yes call me a fool to trust Lenovo's software again.

Guys, believe me, buy anything, even the cheapo Chinese brands like Xiaomi & OnePlus, but beg you, please please please, never ever even in your dreams ever dream to buy any Lenovo branded device. Ever. Even their laptops were once involved in a scandal, they were accused of spying on their customers by installing a software by default that had deep level access, that could log everything (you can Google 'Lenovo Superfish'). The phones are no different and they bundle spying software that can record & log even sensitive stuff you think is safe on your phones, but Lenovo can spy it all, another purposeful indulgence by Lenovo in doing dirty shady business (Google 'TalkingData SDK').

I like a cult practice now with full dedication convince anyone who ever thinks of buying a Lenovo or Motorola phone to never even think of doing that. Buy anything please. Just forget that Lenovo or Motorola even exists.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms