cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thisiskiran
Paper Tape
Views: 2,100
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo K5 Note - Apps closes automatically - Factory reset not helping - cannot even make calls !!

Hello there,

Kindly help me resolving my issue, Im unable to use my phone because every app is getting closed automatically without staying for a second, the same is case with dialer, whatsapp, settings etc., Im unable to make outgoing calls !!! It started giving me this problem since 4 days, I have installed latest update, not sure if this is happening because of that?? I did factory reset several times still the same issue (during initial setup after factory reset has the same problem). As per guidance from Lenovo support team over chat, I reset app preference and clear cache of lenovo launcher, still the same issue.

I badly need your help to resolve this issue since its getting hard even to make a outgoing call from this mobile. Please help !!!! 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,949
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo K5 Note - Apps closes automatically - Factory reset not helping - cannot even make calls

Hi thisiskiran,

Have you tried doing a factory reset without installing/restoring any apps just to observe if they will still crash? Do you have sd card installed? If yes, have you tried to remove the sd card and use the phone alone?

Regards,
Jess
Moto-Lenovo Agent

thisiskiran
Paper Tape
Views: 1,936
Message 3 of 6

Re: Lenovo K5 Note - Apps closes automatically - Factory reset not helping - cannot even make calls

Hi Jess,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have done factory reset without restoring any apps. After doing mutiple factory resets, I observed that, sometimes phone stay good for an hour (with very limited apps like FB, whatsapp) but then suddenly it starts crashing.. but again, sometimes crash occurs even while doing initial setup for first use after it is factory reset (like it doesnt even allow to select language but simply closes the screen), in such case no app is yet installed but still crashes, how is both scenarios possible? To add more, my phone doesnt have SD card, everything runs on internal memory. Kindly suggest further possible trouble shooting. Thanks !

Chubz
What's DOS?
Views: 1,179
Message 4 of 6

I also have the same problem with my Lenovo K4 Note. Apps are crashing/closing/exiting without me even touching the screen. And, also home button does not work. I have done factory reset and also Reboot to Safe Mode but it did not solve the problem. Apps are still crashing and the home button does not work, add the overheating issue and the power button which sometimes does not work. Is it software or does it need hardware repair? Oh, the phone is almost 2 yeras now.

ashok2005
What's DOS?
Views: 583
Message 5 of 6

Lenovo K5 Note - Apps closes automatically - Factory reset not helping

Sundar87
What's DOS?
Views: 239
Message 6 of 6

its been exactly 2 yrs since i purchased k5 note . very same problem. was there any resolution to this ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors