Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesK and Vibe Z Series Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-27-2013

jakarta indonesia

3 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 31 of 81

Re: [Lenovo-K900] Battery Life Update Problem - Lenovo Power

2013-11-06, 7:29 AM

It works on my phone, like what Chanox did (more or less).

I did It at noon - Oct 28 - the same day I wrote my previous post.

Options

1 Posts

11-08-2013

malaysia

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 32 of 81

2013-11-08, 6:21 AM

hi, hello, assalamualaikum w.b.t from Malayasia~

I am also facing the same problem. after 5th days. my phone battery percentage remained at maximum level it is charged. not decreased even been used. and the phone will switch off at any time. but, after doing what was taught by chanox .. my phone back to normal.

although my problem is solved, I hope that this matter can be resolved through the Lenovo software update later.

i really love this phone...

////Sorry, my english is not good too..

Options

73 Posts

07-23-2013

CyberJaya

104 Signins

701 Page Views

• Views: 701
  • Message 33 of 81

2013-11-12, 1:26 AM
Hello All,

Sorry for the late response. I manage to get a chance to drop by the HQ to borrow my colleague's K900 to test this. (Was using the K900 previously)

Thanks to my colleague for testing this out and I hope this will help everyone here.

***PLEASE ENSURE YOU BACKUP ALL YOUR STUFF BEFORE PROCEEDING!!! ***

1. Firstly turn off your mobile. Really Power Off. If you guys don't know how to do that then hold the power button then you will get a prompt to power off the device.
2. Once your device is off, hold volume down button and press power on.
3. You will now see a boot menu like a testing page.
4. Press volume down button and select "DroidBoot"
5. Press the "Enter" button via the lower right side of the screen which is the "Menu" button on the physical touch key
6. The phone will now boot into the "DroidBoot" mode. Press volume down then power button to select "Recovery"
7. In recovery page, select "Wipe Cache" by pressing power button.
8. Once the wipe cache is done, go back to the main page and select "Reboot system"
9. Your phone will now boot normally.
10. Next download ZDBox from Google store. Installation done then select "system cleaner". Then "Clean All". Once that is done then reboot your phone and see if the power is showing correctly.

Hope this can finally solve all battery gauge issues.

Kudos me if this solves your issue =)

Thanks all!
Options

23 Posts

08-22-2013

India

30 Signins

339 Page Views

• Views: 339
  • Message 34 of 81

2013-11-12, 3:41 AM
Dear K900 Users,

I had posted multiple times recently about this problem occuring even after visiting the customer care center.

There is a firmware upgrade available "K900_ROW_1_S_2_009_0206_131010", which I guess has been updated by Lenovo Team for the phone in October Month.

I upgraded the system firmware to the latest one. After analysis of the new F/W following are my inspections about new upgrade:
1. Battery Life Upadate Problem: This problem is resolved now with little bit extra side effects. Which are:
a) Phone battery updates properly, but once battery life comes below 20% or say ~10%, phone JUST SWITCHES OFF suddenly. You can't say, when!! It can switch off even at 7%, 9%, 10% or even at 14% battery life display case also.
b) Battery charging is taking more time compare to the previous firmware upgrade. Using previous F/W was able to charge the battery within max 1hour from 0 -100%. Now it takes much more time say 1.5 hours or more! NOT A BIG PROBLEM.

NOTE: Here, I want to put an appretiation note for Lenovo Team, that most of the smart phones take 2-3 hours to rcharge fully, K900 does it within 1.5 hours with new f/w and with previous f/w very quickly.

2. You will get extra Icon Setting, Hide Apps, Applicaion Listing features. Which just makes phone more and more interesting feature wise. I loved it. (Hope it doesnt make any side effect)

PS: Upgrade system f/w and check the battery problem. For me this problem is resolved 95%. And I am happy with this problem resolution. Still it needs more bug fix but it has come to the acceptable level.
Options

2 Posts

11-18-2013

India

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 35 of 81

2013-11-18, 19:38 PM

I am using Lenovo K90 since past two months. Ultimate product.

Since last couple of weeks this battery problem of no charging status update, irrespective of how long you put it on charging.

I have lost couple of deals just because of this ir-responsible behaviour of my Business phone.

If this community is moderated by Lenovo then there should be some standard work-around they might have thought of. Infact they should mail about this problem to hold customer loyalty and confidence, sadly there is not a single word on this very very very serious bug from Lenovo.

I have tried all sorts of suggestion given above by people who also got cheated by Lenovo.

Now if there is no one from Lenovo listening then I will make sure no one will buy any lenovo phone, none in my contact circle and everyone to whom I can reach using SMS, mail, WhattsApp, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Why anyone should buy botheration paying hefty amount?

Pity is that Lenovo claims that I am few of those very limited customers who bought this handset just after it's launch. 

People use to call me crazy about my K900 but sadly a very good product is going to become victim of poor service, support and careless behaviour from Lenovo.

I should say, this product is 'for those fools who do relied on Lenovo'.

Options

23 Posts

08-22-2013

India

30 Signins

339 Page Views

• Views: 339
  • Message 36 of 81

2013-11-19, 5:01 AM
Absolutely True @valkal.

Recently I had posted that this is working with some problems after latest firmware upgrade on 11Nov. I AM VERY SORRY TO SAY THAT PROBLEM START OCCURING AGAIN.

Dear Lenovo,
Could you plesae ask your developers to look in this issue. It looks very silly and small problem to solve. Only thing batter life update is not been sent to UI. This is a very small work around your developer team.

I can understand by your responses to us and on this community that you dont need any more customers for ur smartphones. But a t least for already existing customers you can do code modificaiton and provide us little bit better firmware A MAJOR BUG FREE firmware???

BR/
Options

1 Posts

11-28-2013

Malaysia

3 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 37 of 81

2013-11-28, 5:16 AM

Hello please help me solve the issue, my battery is drained badly of Lenovo K900 and I can't charge it now, it doesn't turn on now. It's been switched off for the last 10 days. What should I do?

Options

2 Posts

11-18-2013

India

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 38 of 81

2013-11-28, 6:32 AM

Hi All,

First and foremost I am not Lenovo employee, I am like hundreds of others K900 users who shown confidence in brand Lenovo, trusted the capabilities of Lenovo and finally suffering because of battery issue, such a silly-small-shameful defect.

I bought this device from thedostore.com (Lenovo’s e-store), this deal was Rs5000 expensive, so next time I will think not twice but many times if I am ordering any Lenovo product online, especially from thedostore.com (you do but highly expensive).

Coming to battery problem, tried all the tricks/resolution/methods mentioned here in this post, nothing worked for me. Then I took my K900 to service center, where I came to know that Lenovo is not supporting Service Centers promptly providing spare parts, manuals and training. They told me that they are going to close Lenovo support service in coming 15 days.

Luckily the engineer at service center was quite resource full and he managed to get information that Battery Circuit Board is not functioning properly and need to change, he changed it and problem resolved.

Since then it’s once when my mobile suddenly shown 0% battery and closed otherwise running properly. But my confidence is shaken; I am not confident about my K900 how I was before. Lenovo must recall this handsets, exchange with new tested models.

This is not a matter of one or two mobile facing problem; it’s the brand which is going to be doubted. And I am surprised how Lenovo can afford this suspicious image when they are spending heavily in new touch based gadgets.

One good thing I have started I have stopped recommending Lenovo phones and tablets to my friends and known people. I am sure no one from Lenovo read this space, otherwise I could have received a call from Lenovo to have feedback on their service and support at least.

Lenovo, you earn from hard earn money of people who believed in you. You did an easy but cruel crime; broken the trust.

Earlier happy, now sorrowful user.

Options

27 Posts

10-23-2013

India

33 Signins

316 Page Views

• Views: 316
  • Message 39 of 81

2013-12-20, 11:16 AM

battery issue not fixed.....backup shows 88% and next second it shuts down. When charger is connected it shows 0% battery. When can we expect the fix. IS ANYONE LISTING IN LENOVO?

Options

20 Posts

12-23-2013

India

13 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 40 of 81

2013-12-26, 18:18 PM

I am also facing same issue battery gauge not updating its realy sad to say Lenovo not giving **bleep** about cutomers

Lenovo guys if you are listening please do somthing

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms