cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K900Guy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 46,778
Message 1 of 53

Lenovo K900 Idea Phone: Google Play and How to Root?

I just ordered the K900 from China, but it seems that it is not Google certified, so it doesn't have Google Play.

Which means no Google apps (no Google Maps and no Google Voice, for instance), and no easy app updates.

Does anyone know how to install Google Play?

Does anyone know how to root this thing?

Chris_123
Fanfold Paper
Views: 46,578
Message 2 of 53

Betreff: Lenovo K900 Idea Phone: Google Play and How to Root?

Hi,

I´ve been playing around for a week or so. No success in rooting it so far.

I have been able to install appbrain, with this you can search and install apps easier than with the chinese Lenovo app store. But beware - it does not work with the automatically installed upgrade of Lenovo app store, you have to downgrade it to the factory version.

I found out that bluetooth is not stable yet, at least not with my Mercedes Comand system.

Also, when I enter the ultimate power saving, my email account settings are lost afterwards.

morelocale2 is installable but crashes on choosing a different language because it requires CHANGE_CONFIGURATION permission which you could theoretically grant with the pm command using a suitable terminal.

But this requires root ....

So any help on rooting this device is appreciated by me, too.

btw.: I saw offerings for K900 with SD-Card Slot and dual SIM - mine has no SD and single SIM. Has anyone seen a dual SIM version in the wild ?

Regards,

Chris

K900Guy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 46,503
Message 3 of 53

I really hope that Lenovo releases the ROM and RUU. If they actually want this phone to be popular, they should.

If the K900 doesn't get some sort of access to Google Play soon, I think a lot of users who might be considering it will move on to something else.

In the meantime, can you use Amazon's App Store? Have you tried sideloading Google Maps and does it work?

This might be somewhat helpful as well: http://c2med.blogspot.com/2012/07/top-kindle-fire-apps-to-sideload.html

Chris_123
Fanfold Paper
Views: 46,382
Message 4 of 53

Got root !

Follow these instructions (use google translate) :

http://www.lenovohome.net/thread-161530-1-1.html

If you experience problems, pn me.

Great device - with root and play store etc ... :-D

Cheers,

Chris.

hesh
Paper Tape
Views: 46,341
Message 5 of 53

Hi! Can you help with the directions on how to root? I can't seem to figure out how to get the downloads from the Chinese websites. What is Brush Wizard?

Thanks!

Mahesh

Chris_123
Fanfold Paper
Views: 46,287
Message 6 of 53

Hi,

sure, but use at your own risk ! Be sure to have a backup of all your phone data on your pc as the phone will be flashed and all content wil be erased.

First, download the necessary software :

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=485193&uk=3761714291&third=2

In the archive, you´ll find two subdirectories, one containing the k900 tool, one containing the rooted rom.

Unplug any plugged K900 devices from your usb.

Then step into the directory with the k900 tool, then into the MFT 6.02 dir. Install (in this order) the intel Android driver, then iSoc USB driver, then xFSTk, then the MFT 6.02.

During the setup process of the drivers you are advised to connect your phone via USB and power cycle it. If you haven´t done then, do so now.

Then launch the MFT 6.02. Under file/settings set the following :

SOC Devices : VID 8086, PID 09EE

Android devices : VID 8087, PID 09EF

Check Override GP Flag : 0x80000045

Click apply, exit the menu.

Then select the flash file from the second archive directory. it should automatically show the only present xml file called flash-DVT3-CPU-sign.xml.

Now your phone should be connected via USB. Press and hold the power button until it turns off. Wait 5 sec. then press the power button for 1 sec to turn it on again. The flash process should start immediately.

DO NOT INTERRRUPT THE PROCESS ! Flashing the different components can take a while, and even if you don´t see any progress for several minutes it is still working.

Aftrer you see the flashing successful message, you phone will switch off. Close the program, and disconnect your phone. Switch on, and enjoy google play and root .... :-D

Best regards,

Chris.

hesh
Paper Tape
Views: 46,235
Message 7 of 53

Thank you so much for posting in English. I was able to get the zip file (联想K900纯净版含google谷歌服务框架版已root线刷包.rar.zip), however I don't seem to have the correct password to extract the files. I tried the password "www.lenovohome.net"  as per the page here: http://www.lenovohome.net/thread-161530-1-1.html

解压密码:www.lenovohome.net

Extract password: www.lenovohome.net (translated by google)

But this wasn't the correct password. Any help here?

hesh
Paper Tape
Views: 46,232
Message 8 of 53

Actually, I take that back. It does work; the password is www.lenovohome.net, no quotes or anything else.

hesh
Paper Tape
Views: 46,210
Message 9 of 53

I confirm that all the above directions work successfully. Thank you very much! Robot Very Happy

Chris_123
Fanfold Paper
Views: 46,188
Message 10 of 53

Hello,

you are right - I forgot the password for the archive. It is, als mentioned, www.lenovohome.net.

This phone is really a blast. Deactivated all apps which I could not read :-), replaced the dialer and contacts, installed morelocale (for geman language). With this rom, there are no automatic updates for any lenovo tool.

There is a difference in the power manager, the version I was running before the rooting had several options this one doesn´t have (e.g. turning off wifi after a given time). So my standby time has reduced a little.

Anyway - what makes this phone so much fun are the questions when you pull it out of the jacket ... :-)

Cheers,

Chris

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors