Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rnl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 642
Message 41 of 167

Re: Lenovo Z6 Lite GPS not locking

I have notifications both in lock screen and badges. See attachment.

Ka3eem
Punch Card
Views: 630
Message 42 of 167

@rnl wrote:

I have notifications both in lock screen and badges. See attachment.

Can you share please how did you installed GApps ?

rnl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 627
Message 43 of 167

You mean Google Apps?

Ka3eem
Punch Card
Views: 624
Message 44 of 167

@rnl wrote:

You mean Google Apps?

Yes

FlyingSaucer
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 611
Message 45 of 167

Thanks, I wish to get a Rom with Dolby settings, can't understand why others with the global Rom and version L38111 have it and bought from the same store.

Where can one get to know if the global rom is released by Lenovo? Is there an official URL?

I read some are encountering some difficulties on CN ROM.

rnl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 586
Message 46 of 167

First thing first, you have to remember that all google apps can be installed from play store. In Global rom, all google apps including  play store are pre-installed,  in CN Rom, its not, beacause they have their own chinese "play store pre-installed", so you have to install play store first to download and install all other google apps.

Likewise, you have to remember that play store is just an app, so you have to install it first. Find a way to have the .apk file of the play store app.

Theres a lot of ways actually, these are, but not limited to:

1. From browswer (chinese) of CN ROM, browse the net for google play store .apk. the result of your search would look like chinese all, but you can read the Play Store .apk in english so click it and download it. After download, install it. Then from play store app that you have installed, install everything (google apps); Or the easier way,

2. You can transfer playstore .apk from another android device thru bluetooth or sd card. Then install play store, then from play store, download and install everything.

Have you change the language of your phone to english? If not, change it in >settings>general settings>language&input

You  can Uninstall/disable/delete majority of all preinstalled chinese apps in >settings>app management (there are some that you cannot, its normal, CN ROM is intended to be used for chinese), after you installed all your english standard google apps.

Take a look of my phone here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ecpcv85gzwvge2Bk8

Highlighted
Harald1
SCSI Port
Views: 514
Message 47 of 167

@Harald1 wrote:

After flash:get two updates:  Setup/ZUI Updates to 11.1.048 ST

GPS Navigation is fixed.

Unwanted Chinese Apps can mostly be removed: tap icon til you see an "X", tap on X to remove.

Some Chinese remains, but now you get OTA Updates and most known bugs are fixed.

Enjoy, and thanks for all your help.

Lenovo Global Store has promised a GPS fix for the Global ROM "need a couple of days to test".   Will post if I get a response.

Lenovo Global Store has sent me the fixes for the GPS problem in the Global ROM. I dont know what to do with it. If you have the skill to use them here is the link.  One are instruction videos. The other has six .apk files. Please report your results.

https://mega.nz/#F!Y4UTQQ4D!rdxpkIwBS1toYGM32Bierg

rnl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 509
Message 48 of 167

Hi, those in CN ROM, who have issues in notifications. The answer is untick all in Custom Restrictions. Apparently, lenovo hides this option. But you can access in >Settings, in search box (upper most), type, "Custom Restrictions". Please see photo attached.

(Havent tried this in "Tampered Global Rom")

Info: Official India Global ROM is available now see links in youtube. You can flash your Z6L to it. See youtube link below.

PROS:

1. Fully supported by lenovo as it is an official release.

2. Fixed most of the bugs including GPS

3. No chinese apps

CONS: (AS COMPARED TO CN ROM)

1. CN ROM has two updates now, india global rom has none for now.

2. No ZUI lab

3. No special motion features such opening of flashlight by two chop motions

Ill stay with CN ROM.

https://youtu.be/P1dlghSSRl4

Ka3eem
Punch Card
Views: 496
Message 49 of 167

thanks for the info,

after staying with cn rom , the main problem i had with is the Security app , it keeps killing the apps and i wont get notifications if its killed ,

i saw a fix for this i will try it today , if it's not wokring , am going to change to india better , Pre installed google with all functions is much better .

Can any one please download the India rom and upload it on another server , Mediafire or Mega ?

i it wont download for me idk why , please help

Ka3eem
Punch Card
Views: 478
Message 50 of 167

@Ka3eem wrote:

thanks for the info,

after staying with cn rom , the main problem i had with is the Security app , it keeps killing the apps and i wont get notifications if its killed ,

i saw a fix for this i will try it today , if it's not wokring , am going to change to india better , Pre installed google with all functions is much better .

Can any one please download the India rom and upload it on another server , Mediafire or Mega ?

i it wont download for me idk why , please help

The download link for india rom is working for me , i tried with vpn and it started download .

Ill flash it after work within 8 hours maybe, ill report back after flashing 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors