Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesK and Vibe Z Series Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

12-22-2017

Germany

8 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo k5 Note has hanged out and had grown hot.

2017-12-22, 10:23 AM

Hello,

i've got an issue with my Lenovo k5 Note as well, as mentioned above it's hanged out, had grown hot, so I put it onto a cold, stone surface in ordet to not let to kill it and then after some time, or rather few hours, it got cold again. But the problem is, the holding a restart button isn't working at all, even if I've hold it upon 30 seconds, so it's pointless. Since it's turned cold, I've been not sure, whether its battery is empty (it doesn't want to reload though), or if I've got to wait till it get empty. Or what could I do instead?

I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Options

390 Posts

12-01-2016

United States of America

165 Signins

5023 Page Views

• Views: 5023
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo k5 Note has hanged out and had grown hot.

2017-12-22, 18:14 PM

Hi AgnieszkaB,

Let me tell you that the phone will get warm when you use it for features that require a good deal of power. This sounds like perfectly normal activity. Gaming and shooting video uses a lot of battery power, and when you use power, the battery gives off heat. 

Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, the age of the battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns.

To calibrate the battery, press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark, about 7-10 seconds. When the screen goes dark, release the Power button and the phone will automatically reboot. Plug the phone in and let it charge overnight, using only the charger that came in the box with the phone. Observe the battery performance within 24 hours.

Regards,
Rica
Moto-Lenovo Support

Options

3 Posts

12-22-2017

Germany

8 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-12-22, 20:26 PM

Dear Rica,

thank you for your answer. I'm afraid though the procedure you've sugested doesn't work in my case. It's my foult though, because I forgot to mention that the screen of the phone went directly black, after it hanged out.

And the heatting of it could actually be my foult, which I don't want to deny, because I had hadplenty of tabs on.

But after the screen had went black, the pushing of Power button haven't worked at all.

Sincerelly

Agnieszka

Options

390 Posts

12-01-2016

United States of America

165 Signins

5023 Page Views

• Views: 5023
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-12-27, 15:12 PM

wrote:

Dear Rica,

thank you for your answer. I'm afraid though the procedure you've sugested doesn't work in my case. It's my foult though, because I forgot to mention that the screen of the phone went directly black, after it hanged out.

And the heatting of it could actually be my foult, which I don't want to deny, because I had hadplenty of tabs on.

But after the screen had went black, the pushing of Power button haven't worked at all.

Sincerelly

Agnieszka

If you already tried to charge the phone and it won't turn on, I believe you need to submit the phone for repair. You can check this link for more information about the service centers

Regards,
Rica
Moto-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms