Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
v4virus4u
Punch Card
Views: 10,357
Message 8 of 52

Re: Lenovo K900 Bug List Thread

EDIT NOTE : This messagewasbroughtto the top of this thread in order to assist us with an escalation. For all future post please continue posting in this thread. 

Dear All, I am facing following problems:

1. Battery Life updation fails most of the time. And it get stuck say 70%. Now again if I try to charget battery it starts counter from 70% even if battery life is lesser than that. So, after 30% charging I get a message Battery Charged. Sometimes it starts working.
2. loud speaker problem.
3. As Jarboni mentioned I noticed the bug - draggin the notificaiton bar using more than one finger reduces the brightness.

Rest other things are fine.

EDIT NOTE : This messagewasbroughtto the top of this thread in order to assist us with an escalation. For all future post please continue posting in this thread. 

Jabroni
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,131
Message 1 of 52

Lenovo K900 Bug List Thread

Hello all,

I just got my K900 for a week now and I found that there are some bugs or settings which I am not familiar with. 

Therefore as there are no bug list thread in the forum, I thought its good to start one so people who are having issues can refer here and if its a bug then hopefully Lenovo will look into it.

1) Dimming when watching videos / doing swipe down with 2 fingers dims the screen.

Steps to replicate:- In your home screen, use two fingers to swipe down on the top status bar dims the screen. If use 1 finger to swipe down the top status bar, the screen brightness remains the same.

For other issues, please post below so we can have a compiled list.

Thanks all!

omegaman
What's DOS?
Views: 11,030
Message 2 of 52

@Jabroni wrote:

Hello all,

I just got my K900 for a week now and I found that there are some bugs or settings which I am not familiar with. 

Therefore as there are no bug list thread in the forum, I thought its good to start one so people who are having issues can refer here and if its a bug then hopefully Lenovo will look into it.

1) Dimming when watching videos / doing swipe down with 2 fingers dims the screen.

Steps to replicate:- In your home screen, use two fingers to swipe down on the top status bar dims the screen. If use 1 finger to swipe down the top status bar, the screen brightness remains the same.

For other issues, please post below so we can have a compiled list.

Thanks all!

Using two fingers to swipe down down on the top status bar opens the notification screen which is dimmer than the home screen. Looks like your notification bar pull down menu is not working.

Try to Factory Data Reset you phone after backing up your data. It may work to restore your notification bar.

I updated to firmware 0727, data is intact but custom settings got reset.

Could determine only 2 changes after the update:

Removed:

Option for Animation & other settings for Magic Weather is missing.

Added:

Knock to Light feature added but works only when knocking twice on the lower central part of the display where the default lock screen buttons are located.

Dint find any performance improvement or degradation.

Other existing issues faced with my K900:

1) Call drop on every other call.

2) Wifi signal drops to 1 bar when touching any part on the rear of the phone, when placed on any surface, signal is full.

3) Time in notification bar is incorrect and am unable to change it while the weather widget displays the correct time.

4) Speaker not loud enough to be used a speakerphone while on phone call or skype video.

5) Despite disabling vibration time & again, it keeps getting enabled all by itself.

Has anyone else faced the above issues?

Please advice

Thanks in advance

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 10,675
Message 3 of 52

Jabroni

Thanks and good work for starting this thread.

All

Could we trouble you to post a link to the thread you started in relation to your issue, while we float this list, so we can track the problems?

Thanks so much!

serene

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate Messaging
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Please do not PM me - questions belong in the forums. I will not respond to PMs. Thanks.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

fayes_07
What's DOS?
Views: 10,554
Message 4 of 52

Hi all,

I just bought K900 last weekend. From hardware part, no problem until today. software installed run smoothly. But i have 2 problem.

i) When i download image from internet, its take long time to update in supergalery. sometimes i tried to restart the phone. but still not in supergalery. i only can see that photo in download.

ii) I tried to use knock to light setting. but sometimes it doesn't work. maybe someone can teach how to use it Smiley Happy

I'm Samsung user berfore.

prakash2013
What's DOS?
Views: 10,478
Message 5 of 52

Hi ,

Purchased Lenovo K900 before 2 weeks, I have few problems on my k900

1) Network drops frequently (airtel) , where as my old mobile have one or two point signal network signal on the same place . this problem making me to worry a lot . Most of the time no signal Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

2)Sometimes Data connection is not working, Settings menu showing Data connection enabled but no icon showing in the notification bar and not able to connect to the internet. Its working after sometime. is this bug on the OS ? its useless when I need Smiley Sad

3) Call is disconnecting often, even I have the full signal.

Please suggest me whats wrong with my mobile. Only I am facing this issue or anyone have the same issue ..

tanmoy
Serial Port
Views: 10,378
Message 6 of 52

2 more issues:

1) Contact manager keeps on crashing

2) Charging takes a lot time and if the wifi is on during charging the phone gets super heated.

tavari
Paper Tape
Views: 10,352
Message 7 of 52

Hi dears
I'm so disappointed with this issue which is missed or overlooked by lenovo. I've recently bought a k900 smart phone from uae and brought to Iran to use. But unfortunately as soon as I put my sim in the phone WiFi connection fails. I can't return back my phone and still lenovo hasn't put any solution for this problem. Please provide me with some solution to overcome this issue. Hope your support can bring your reputation back to the market

Will await your swift response .

Thanks and regards

Mohammad ....

vineetsingh1991
What's DOS?
Views: 10,244
Message 9 of 52

Hi guyz,

I have been keeping track of this thread and i thought its my reponsibility to reply.

Firstly lenovo is a very big company and comparing the smartphones of lenovo and other companies like samsung, htc, micromax, the build quality is very good.

And secondly the price is way less than compared to other smartphone.

Coming to the phone. I bought lenovo k900 in august and i am a develope. The special about the phone is the processor. Any day intel is way above than ARM cortex. The display is 1080p. Ram is 2gb. The software is little complicated but its better than samsung.

I am not here to bitch about any company. Its just than as a consumer, i like spending money on whats worth. K900 is the second slimmest smartphone and logically its impossible to think that this phone packs big processor, 2500 mah battery in a metal shell. In the other hands samsung is just profiting bcoz of its good name. HtC is other company which produces good phones with good quality but the price is little high when compared to lenovo.

As lenovo has come out with smartphones, it has done a pretty good job. Battery is a concern for me as well. I use a power bank though. I am desperately waiting for the update of android 4.2.1 to 4.3 version.

I adore companies which gives value for money smartphones. Lenovo is one of them and the other would be micromax.

And i would like to thank lenovo for producing k900 as it fits my specifications.

The games play is good. The signal drop is because of the carrier. In india the carriers have to work on the signal strength. And i would recommend you to change you sim (not the number). Just the sim card because new simcards have wide band frequency and it helped me with the signal.

Guys for any other query you can contact me on this thread and i can surely recommend high end games for this phones and tips to save battery life.

Regards,
Vinit singh
tavari
Paper Tape
Views: 10,230
Message 10 of 52

Dear Vinit

my problem is fundamental, all of the phones are working in my country correctly such as Samsung, Apple, Black berry, htc & etc,

also I  have changed the operator but the problem has not been solved, I try on different sim cards but when I insert the sim, the phone cant find the wlan network, it is a common problem in some country,
I should back to sale my phone be cause the problem didnt solve yet after one month,
lenovo!!!  dont forget the Iran one of the biggest market with 80.000.000 population.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors