Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Views: 5,453
Message 1 of 2

Vibe K5 / K5 Plus Sound Review + Sound Enhancement Thread

Hi all

Recently, I got a K5 Plus smartphone and was pretty curious about the Dolby Atmos Sound Enhancement Apps. As there are only 2 Custom Profiles, I set the 1st Profile for my Zero Audio Carbo Tenore Earphone and 2nd Profile for the K5 Plus Speakers.

Sound Signature 

With Dolby Atmos in OFF Mode, the sound produce from the headphone jack is quite balanced (towards the V-shaped sound), except the bass is a little too punchy (200+Hz) and sibilance is slightly high (4-8KHz)  I would say it is quite nice sounding for a $150+ USD smartphone. 

Dolby Atmos App
The Dolby Atmos app has a pretty simple user interface that provides On/Off switch, 4 Presets customed by Dolby, and 2 Custom Presets.

Screenshot_2016-10-31-17-29-22.png

Each profile has a Volume Leveler, Dialogue Enhancer, Surround Virtualizer, and 4 types of EQ.

Screenshot_2016-10-31-17-17-32.png

Volume Leveler

Maintains constant volume across all content and applications. Turn off Volume Leveler if the volume happens to be less constant after the volume leveler is being turned on.

Dialogue Enhancer

Enhance treble range of the sound. 

Surround Virtualizer

Provide 3D-like sound, preferred when watching movies or playing games. Turn off Surround Virtualizer if it makes the music or other source sound artificial.

Intelligent Equalizer: Open

EQ that alters to a V-shaped sound signature, extended bass and treble, recessed mid.

Intelligent Equalizer: Rich

EQ that alters to a warm, rounded sound signature, extended bass and mid, recessed treble.

Intelligent Equalizer: Focused

EQ that alters to a inverted V-shaped sound signature, opposite of V-shaped sound signature, recessed bass and treble, extended mid.

Intelligent Equalizer: Custom

User could alter the sound signature with 5-band EQ (-12dB to +24dB) on the Graphic Visualizer.

The 5-band EQ function properly, but it is integrated with the Graphic Visualizer and it does not show the -/+ dB for each EQ band, which makes audio enthusiast harder to fine-tune the sound. It would be nice for Dolby to at least show the -/+ dB when the user is adjusting any of the EQ band.

Peter

ThinkPad X40 | ThinkPad W520 | ThinkPad T560 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | Yoga 11s | Yoga 3 Pro | Yoga 900 | Yoga Home 900 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro | Miix 2 10" | IdeaPad Y460p | IdeaPad K1 | 3000 Y300 | Vibe K5 Plus

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | I am an active volunteer, not an Lenovo employee

=====================================

List of Sound Enhancement Thread

T520 | W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900 ; P50 ; P40 Yoga | Yoga 14 | Yoga 460 ; T560 | P50s ; Vibe K5 | K5 Plus

Guru
Views: 5,441
Message 2 of 2

Re: Vibe K5 / K5 Plus Sound Review + Sound Enhancement Thread

Internal Speakers

For the internal speakers, even the Dolby is OFF, it is quite loud. If the Dolby is ON with the new Loudness preset, the internal speakers is much louder than any other smartphones that I have owned previously.

Screenshot_2016-10-31-17-25-21.png

Volume Leveler: ON

Graphic Equalizer: Manual. Pull up all 5-band EQ to Maximum. 

This preset also works well on other external headphones or speakers, but distortion / noise would be high when the volume reaches above 7/15. (about 50%), as the maximum EQ would push the volume of the sound chip to its limit.

Peter

ThinkPad X40 | ThinkPad W520 | ThinkPad T560 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | Yoga 11s | Yoga 3 Pro | Yoga 900 | Yoga Home 900 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro | Miix 2 10" | IdeaPad Y460p | IdeaPad K1 | 3000 Y300 | Vibe K5 Plus

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | I am an active volunteer, not an Lenovo employee

=====================================

List of Sound Enhancement Thread

T520 | W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900 ; P50 ; P40 Yoga | Yoga 14 | Yoga 460 ; T560 | P50s ; Vibe K5 | K5 Plus

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors