Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexovy
Punch Card
Views: 66,286
Message 1 of 9

Vibe Z2 Pro (K920) Tips and Tricks - Hidden Features

Hello,

Please fill here all the tips and tricks you guys think worth to be mentioned.

I have a few ideeas:

1. Quickly change the wallpaper: grab the right top corner of the scren and slide it like a page to the left. Same thins from the left side.

2. Change the photo camera mode: SMART / PROFESSIONAL: go to scene mode, bottom left corner and use the switch.

Best regards,

Alex

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 66,253
Message 2 of 9

Re: Vibe Z2 Pro (K920) Tips and Tricks - Hidden Features

Hi Alex

Interesting threadSmiley Happy Let me be the first ''contribuitor''.

For example on the lockscreen if you press&hold the ''HOME'' button the flashlight will turn on.This feature is available on most Lenovo VibeUI 2.0 phones.

Also if you go to Settings->Feature you can find other interesting features/settings like ''Micro Screen''(useful on a 6 inch device),''Disable home button''(that's very useful if you're a gamer),''Poket mode'',''Smart Dialer''(also useful on a 6 inch device)....

Check out this videos....Unfortunately not in English but the ''moving pictures'' are self-explanatory->>VIDEO 1  VIDEO 2

Cheers,

MP.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as ''ACCEPT AS SOLUTION"
Unsolicited PM's will not be answered! ....Please post your question/s in the appropriate forum board.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Guru
Views: 66,232
Message 3 of 9

The flash light is a good settings that I did not know about Smiley Happy Thanks. Though you can do a similar thing by pulling down the notificaiton bar in a locked screen and pressing the torch.

Ok, here is one, that I am not sure if it is useful but it is there. If you go to "Recent Apps" and press on "Recent" you get a menu with "Favorite" apps Smiley Happy I did  not yet figure out what would be a good use of this, but it's there.

Speaking of recent apps, by pulling the app down, you can lock it, so that it wont be cleaned out of memory by Android. You can lock the apps that you use very often so that they load faster for example.

@supersmp What that you in the beginning of that Romanian video? 

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 66,231
Message 4 of 9

pat_box wrote:

@supersmp What that you in the beginning of that Romanian video? 

Nope...That's actually a Moldavian(Republic of Moldova).The video is from there....We happen to speak the same languageSmiley Happy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as ''ACCEPT AS SOLUTION"
Unsolicited PM's will not be answered! ....Please post your question/s in the appropriate forum board.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
alexovy
Punch Card
Views: 66,136
Message 5 of 9

I think that is the purpose of favorite apps in the recent menu: those apps the you drag to faves are not closed anymore when you click on free memory
Guru
Views: 66,117
Message 6 of 9

Re: "I think that is the purpose of favorite apps in the recent menu: those apps the you drag to faves are not closed anymore when you click on free memory"

Thanks for this idea. I tested it, but it does not seem to be the case. You can lock apps in the memory by pulling them down in the "recent apps" menu. But when I put apps to favorits, it does not seem to do anything different when I clean the memory. It would be a cool feature though. Maybe when the memory is full it is closing the favorit apps last, but I doublt it a bit. Thus, I am still not sure what this favorite apps are supposed to be used. 

I just thought that this was to have a quick access to your favorite apps, but this does not seem to be very quick at all. You must click several times until you get to favorite apps, and in this time you are probably faster finding the app on the screen. It would make more sense if you could get to the "favorite apps" by doble tapping the phone's screen as a new option in the "desktop gesture settings".

Guru
Views: 66,113
Message 7 of 9

"Parental Control" (wow!)

Another cool feature of the Vibe UI that I found very impressive is the "Parental Control" that you can find in the security App. This feature can hide any apps from your phone so that it is (nearly) impossible to discover that you are usuing such apps. This takes just 1 pin code and 1 click and all the apps that you want to be private are hidden from the phone. I find this feature so impressive that I would even want to have several different "parental control profiles" to hide or uhide different apps under different circumstances (e.g. for some purposes you might want to hide your online banking apps, for other purposes you might want to hide communication and dating apps, etc.)

P.S. The "Private Space" is equally impressive, and will most likely allow you to hide any contacts you want and all the calls and text messages from this contacts. Again, after entering a pin code you will see all the hiden contacts, calles, and messages - but nobody else would be able to see that without your security app pin code.

Guslow
Punch Card
Views: 65,755
Message 8 of 9

Has anybody ever managed to use 3D Gestures?
I turn it on and wave my hand over the screen and nothing happens..
Guru
Views: 59,596
Message 9 of 9

You need to wave your hand pretty close to the screen I guess. Like 3 cm away from the screen. Never really did the trick for me. Anyone?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors