Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesK and Vibe Z Series Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

1585 Posts

01-24-2014

Bucharest Romania

1911 Signins

54541 Page Views

• Views: 54541
  • Message 11 of 17

Re: Vibe Z2 after Lollipop upgrade Smart Lock Trusted Face unlock don’t work + Lenovo Security missi

2015-05-24, 4:50 AM

@Veco359

....but it don't work forward camera GUI don't appear on lock screen....

Ok.My fault,maybe that article wasn't the most relevant.You are used to the old face unlock function:see yourself on the screen(''mirror'')->device recognizes your face.....unlock.You still expect to see yourself(''mirror''),am I correct?

With Lollipop things got a lot more discreet(faster/efficient if you ask me),you don't see yourself anymore,no more mirror.

To unlock using the new ''Trusted Face'' feature-> ''start'' (couldn't find a better word at this hour :catvery-happy:) the screen->slide up the lock screen->if the phone has recognized your face(again,no more ''mirror'' shows up) it will simply unlock(just with a slide up).If it dosen't recognize your face(after you slide up) it will ask for the PIN or pattern you use.

It's not a bug....just an improved Android(this is Google's doing not Lenovo's) feature.

Hint:To improve face recognition Go to Smart Lock->Trusted face->Improve face matching and ''selfie'' in different ambient condition.The more you do that, the more your phone will know your face.

Another (more useful) articole & video on the matter.Keep in mind that Lenovo has a customized UI(VibeUI).The article presents stock UI(not much difference do).

PS.Don't know how well it works on the Vibe Z2(not Pro) but I just tried it on my K920 and seems to be working great.

Edit:The more you do that, the more your phone will know your face.Not overdoing it obviously....Might start to unlock just by ''seeing'' persons that only resemble you:smileyhappy:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ctibor

First make sure that ''Smart Lock''(Settings->Security->Advance/Trust agents) is enabled.

Also you need to have/set a PIN or pattern unlock to use the feature.

Hope this helps,

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as ''ACCEPT AS SOLUTION"
Unsolicited PM's will not be answered! ....Please post your question/s in the appropriate forum board.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Options

1 Posts

06-03-2015

India

2 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 12 of 17

Re: Vibe Z2 after Lollipop upgrade Smart Lock Trusted Face unlock don’t work + Lenovo Security missi

2015-06-03, 15:47 PM

Hi Team Lenovo,

I am using Lenovo Vibe Z2 from Jan 2015. I love this phone. Initially I was facing heat problem in this phone. But then with lots of updates and usage I am used to it, that doesnt grab my attenstion anymore.

Well before the Lollipop update there was Face unlock feature of Lenovo inbuild in the phone. It was working smoothly almost with no flaws. But with the Lollipop update the face unlock is google based and i need to use Pin for almost 70 times out of 100. Which is not really expected. I like to face unlock feature to open my smartphone. But this new feature has made me upset.

Request you to bring back the inbuild feature of face unlock of lenovo back in K920.

--

Shaan.

Admin note; post merged in, subject edited

Options

53 Posts

06-02-2012

United States of America

56 Signins

782 Page Views

• Views: 782
  • Message 13 of 17

2015-06-09, 22:50 PM

Hello supersmp at first I must apologies to you because I didn't answer earlier i been busy and forget.

Unfortunately your kind guide don't help seems that smart lock is bugged at least on Vibe Z2. You see in 4.4.4 it works without errors and recognize my face fast no matter if I wear glasses or not!

Now even face enroll system for improve face matching have problem with figuring that I look at camera before this process go smooth and fast. Second on lock screen i don't have icon of user and lock on its place for me is message icon.

Can you warn your Android programers about this problem and can you tell me how I can back on 4.4.4?

I hate that I need enter pin for every unlock. If I can help your programers to find where is problem tell me what I need to do and send back to you!

Cheers and thank you! :)

I Have this Lenovo Computers
1. Think Centre M58 from 2008 an it is still good (Intel Q9550, 8GB DDR3, Radeon 6970, Intel SSD)
2. ThinkPad E540
3 ThinkPad Tab 2 (with it I have many problems)
4. Lenovo Vibe Z2
Options

22 Posts

05-01-2015

Hungary

79 Signins

748 Page Views

• Views: 748
  • Message 14 of 17

2015-06-11, 18:45 PM

Yes, I can confirm that Smart Lock / Trusted faces  is buggy in Vibe Z2 with Lollipop.

It some times works some times, more often not. 

Even if I draw wrong pattern the phone unlocks for the second attempt, so there is no security.

Options

53 Posts

06-02-2012

United States of America

56 Signins

782 Page Views

• Views: 782
  • Message 15 of 17

2015-06-12, 11:33 AM
I just did factory reset it don't help :(
I Have this Lenovo Computers
1. Think Centre M58 from 2008 an it is still good (Intel Q9550, 8GB DDR3, Radeon 6970, Intel SSD)
2. ThinkPad E540
3 ThinkPad Tab 2 (with it I have many problems)
4. Lenovo Vibe Z2
Options

5 Posts

09-06-2015

suez

12 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 16 of 17

2015-09-06, 17:01 PM

wrote:

@Veco359

....but it don't work forward camera GUI don't appear on lock screen....

Ok.My fault,maybe that article wasn't the most relevant.You are used to the old face unlock function:see yourself on the screen(''mirror'')->device recognizes your face.....unlock.You still expect to see yourself(''mirror''),am I correct?

With Lollipop things got a lot more discreet(faster/efficient if you ask me),you don't see yourself anymore,no more mirror.

To unlock using the new ''Trusted Face'' feature-> ''start'' (couldn't find a better word at this hour :catvery-happy:) the screen->slide up the lock screen->if the phone has recognized your face(again,no more ''mirror'' shows up) it will simply unlock(just with a slide up).If it dosen't recognize your face(after you slide up) it will ask for the PIN or pattern you use.

It's not a bug....just an improved Android(this is Google's doing not Lenovo's) feature.

Hint:To improve face recognition Go to Smart Lock->Trusted face->Improve face matching and ''selfie'' in different ambient condition.The more you do that, the more your phone will know your face.

Another (more useful) articole & video on the matter.Keep in mind that Lenovo has a customized UI(VibeUI).The article presents stock UI(not much difference do).

PS.Don't know how well it works on the Vibe Z2(not Pro) but I just tried it on my K920 and seems to be working great.

Edit:The more you do that, the more your phone will know your face.Not overdoing it obviously....Might start to unlock just by ''seeing'' persons that only resemble you:smileyhappy:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ctibor

First make sure that ''Smart Lock''(Settings->Security->Advance/Trust agents) is enabled.

Also you need to have/set a PIN or pattern unlock to use the feature.

Hope this helps,

Regards.

i have Lenovo A5000 and i just bought it two weeks ago and i just upgraded it to lollipop and i can't find trusted face

i have only trusted (device,voice,body&places) how to find face unlock BTW i had face unlock in my kitkat

Options

1 Posts

04-24-2018

Cameroon

4 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 17 of 17

2018-04-24, 10:10 AM
Please help me to upgrade m'y lenovo z2 to lollipop
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms